Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionOther - Television · 9 years ago

Why is Michael Emerson (LOST/Person of Interest/SAW1) walking funny?

I was watching the new tv show person of interest and i noticed that mr emerson was walking funny(limp) and seemed to not want to turn his head (only turned his waist/shoulders)

i was just wondering if anybody knew why

he looked incredibly uncomfortable

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't think it has really been explained on the show but according to this interview with Michael Emerson, Finch 'has a limp and what appears to be a fused vertebra'.

http://tv.msn.com/fall-tv-guide/michael-emerson-pe...

• 4 years ago

• 9 years ago

I think it's a character thing

the show seems to be feeding us bits and pieces of each man's past as a 'side story' to the plot of the week

as only 2 episodes have run, and the first focused on Reese and the 2nd on Finch it's too early to tell they will keep alternating, or even perhaps add one or both cops into Flashback rotation as well

Finch's flashbacks to 02 didn't seem to show him limping and/or rigid at that point, but he didn't move much in the first place... also unless I mis-read the bust in the lobby the 'Figurehead Founder', that Finch was talking too throughout the flashback died in 06, so i'd wager that something happened in 06 (probably something related to an 'irrelevant file') that saw Finch injured and his friend killed and if the trauma was 'spinal' its possible Finch was immobile for the better part of the time since, which explains why he only recruited Reese 5 years after his friend died

-- but really as it's piecemeal back story its possible the writers can still change their minds

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Why is Michael Emerson (LOST/Person of Interest/SAW1) walking funny?

I was watching the new tv show person of interest and i noticed that mr emerson was walking funny(limp) and seemed to not want to turn his head (only turned his waist/shoulders)

i was just wondering if anybody knew why

he looked incredibly uncomfortable

Source(s): michael emerson lost person interest saw1 walking funny: https://biturl.im/lLzGv
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • The limp, restricted neck movement and lip twitch are all as a result of a stroke Michael Emerson had several years ago. He has worked very hard to overcome his disability. You will note that there are times when the man is in so much pain that he can barely make vie yet he pushes on bravely. As he is such a highly respected actor, the writers have written in the limp in all of his series.

• 7 years ago

Finch was caught in an explosion trying to save his friend and former co-creator of the Machine - Nathan Ingram. This was after he discovered Nathan had built a back door in the Machine which allowed access to the irrelevant list and had saved a few people. When he accessed the list, the next person targeted was Nathan. Finch was caught in the explosion that killed Nathan and this is when he got the limp. He sneaked out of the treatment triage area after realizing members of the government killed Nathan and were killing off other people who knew about the Machine. It was in this episode that Finch lets his long time girlfriend believe that he is dead to protect her from those who may eventually find out he created the Machine and would have tortured or killed her to get to him.

• 5 years ago

Michael exhibits the traits of someone with Ankylosing Spondylitis. The inability to turn his head independently of his upper body indicates fused cervical vertebrae, caused by ossification of the ligaments in his cervical spine, a common symptom of AS. I say this because I have the disease, and am very familiar with the symptoms, and the way an afflicted person moves. This assumes that it is not written in as a part of his character.

• Renee
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

ALTERNATIVE ) WHAT DOES A PLAYSTATION AND MICHAEL JACKSON HAVE IN COMMON ? playing with fire or playing with crime lol also what does michael jackson and a playstation have in common? they are both turned off by children but turned on by them (meaning playstation and michael jackson ) there is many funny endings what does michael jackson and a playstation have in common ? THEY BOTH TURNED ON BY THE THOUGHT OF CHILDREN or what does michael jackson and a playstation have in common? THEY BOTH PLASTIC AND TURNED ON BY THE THOUGHT OF CHILDREN YOU CAN ALSO USE THE XBOX METHOD OR THE WIl

• 5 years ago

Watch the series, "person of interest ", people . It is awesome !

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.