Should we stop using the term "illegal immigrant" since being in this country illegally is not a crime?

“Being in this country without proper documentation is not a crime. The whole phrase of 'illegal immigrant' connotes that the person, by just being here, is committing a crime.” Being undocumented may be a civil wrong, but it's not a criminal act. Don't let people make you believe that that's a crime that the U.S. Attorney's Office should be doing something about. It is not.” Chris Christie 2008

Update:

By the way it is a crime.

Update 2:

MY NAME IS NOT CHRIS CHRISTIE!

THOSE ARE HIS WORDS!

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I wish liberals like Rick Perry and Chris Christie would quit supporting the illegals instead of Americans.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Well we should certainly stop the use of the term "illegal immigrant" since it is an oxymoron. It sounds better that alien criminal and is an attempt to make illegal entry into the Country as less than a real criminal act. If Chris Christie actually said that he was "DEAD WRONG" and deserves zero votes from either side.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Lets call them IMMORAL illegal aliens now.

Mexicans marry women and have more children with them than they can care for. Most keep their "boyfriends" too. They come and go across our porous southern borders spreading disease.

Mexicans are still angry at Americans for stealing their land, so they send their losers north to re-inhabit their lost territories. Washington retaliates by sending them our jobs. Now Obama wants to, literally, give away the farm. His immigration policies reflect just that.

Most Mexican immigrants are failures in their home countries, because they are lazy and look for the easy way. Their homelands are filled with factory jobs that had once been held by Americans on US soil. They enter the US illegally, because entering the US legally requires some effort and they want the easy way. They don't value education and, consequently, neither do their children. Many look to crime instead of work that requires education and training. They’re looking for the easy way.

Now Obami wants to pave the easy way for these people by giving them a free ride.

• Peter
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

How does the "crime' of being an illegal immigrant compare with the crime committed by wall street and the financial institutions to cause this economic crisis? Not one person has been brought to trial.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

So "illegal" now means "legal"? "Breaking the law" no longer is a "crime"?

How exactly does that work?

Are you saying I should be able to squat in the UK, and take advantage of their benefits, and consider myself immune to deportation threats? That's what illegal immigrants do here at times.

You know, people like Aunt Zeituni and Uncle Omar.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I Agree, you may not be Chris Christie or Agatha Christie...however, the problem is you can sure pass gas for Obama/Biden and the other Leftist defeatist.

Source(s): Perry Cain 2012
  • Zaza
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

It's a crime that they steal the documentation of Americans in order to get jobs. And it causes a tremendous problem.

• 9 years ago

No. But their children are citizens. I know people in my tea party are trying to rewrite the 14th. But is says they are citizens. Their parents are illegal aliens meaning foreigners. Look at what Iran does.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I see you can't even come to grips with the word alien, huh? You come off really shitty with this one, trying to split hairs. Changing the name of a condition doesn't change the condition, OK sport? When you say someone one is "hearing impaired", they're still just deaf. Get it?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

It is a crime

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.