Whats a good video editing software?

I have used Windows Movie Maker, which in my opinion sucks. I tried Sony Vegas as well, it was ok, but I would like something better. Any idea's?

Favorite Answer

Pinnacle(ideal for first time editors)

CyberLink PowerDirector(probably the best on market atm)

Corel VideoStudio Pro X4(another top brand up there withe power director)

• Scott

Premier Pro (elements, CS5, and best of all as part of a CS5 package such as "Production Premium") is wonderful to work with.

I have access to and trained in using Avid, the software standard for the industry. Premier is organized in a similar workspace, and shares a lot of the functionality, for about 1/3 the price.

Depending on your interests, Premier is greatly enhanced by After Effects (special effects, key framing, basic animation) Encore (DVD and Blu-Ray authoring including interactive menus) Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and either Sound-booth or Audition.

It is also helpful to have a moderate horsepower computer running all this.

• Jim

top end, get alacrity. hollywood video editor with required editing hardware. costs lotsa money ($1000 apiece just for hardware cards). or editshare.

next level down, get a mac and buy final cut studio. can cost somewhere up to $2k. use with adobe photoshop CS5.5 enhanced.

next level down, adobe premiere pro $700 or so and after effects $700. suggest you buy production premium for $1900 because it comes with lots of stuff. also get a geforce gtx580 video card.

I don't know anything below that, except for maybe ulead.

Adobe Premiere Pro is considered one of the best.

heres a great list of tons of software that yu can choose t match what kind of videos you are making... http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews...