Whats a good video editing software?

I have used Windows Movie Maker, which in my opinion sucks. I tried Sony Vegas as well, it was ok, but I would like something better. Any idea's?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Pinnacle(ideal for first time editors)

CyberLink PowerDirector(probably the best on market atm)

Corel VideoStudio Pro X4(another top brand up there withe power director)

• Scott
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Premier Pro (elements, CS5, and best of all as part of a CS5 package such as "Production Premium") is wonderful to work with.

I have access to and trained in using Avid, the software standard for the industry. Premier is organized in a similar workspace, and shares a lot of the functionality, for about 1/3 the price.

Depending on your interests, Premier is greatly enhanced by After Effects (special effects, key framing, basic animation) Encore (DVD and Blu-Ray authoring including interactive menus) Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and either Sound-booth or Audition.

It is also helpful to have a moderate horsepower computer running all this.

• Jim
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

top end, get alacrity. hollywood video editor with required editing hardware. costs lotsa money ($1000 apiece just for hardware cards). or editshare.

next level down, get a mac and buy final cut studio. can cost somewhere up to $2k. use with adobe photoshop CS5.5 enhanced.

next level down, adobe premiere pro $700 or so and after effects $700. suggest you buy production premium for $1900 because it comes with lots of stuff. also get a geforce gtx580 video card.

I don't know anything below that, except for maybe ulead.

• 9 years ago

Adobe Premiere Pro is considered one of the best.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

heres a great list of tons of software that yu can choose t match what kind of videos you are making... http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.