Anonymous

Why do some people not consider Italians white?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Cause they have clearly never been there. If they'd actually been there then they wouldn't say things like that plus also some people are just plain dumb and actually think to be white you have to be pale lol these people are just idiots imo and seriously ignorant. They also don't realise that you do get pale Italians etc.

I've never heard anybody in my country say they aren't white cause in my country all Europeans are called white. It's only on here I see people question things like that and I just think the people are ignorant and need to travel more.

• 9 years ago

What constitutes someone as "white"? If you are simply referring to their skin tone, then of course, Italians are "white" (although some do have darker skin tones, and therefore, may be mistaken as non-white, but I think instances like those are quite rare). If you are referring to their "culture", however, then I may be inclined to believe that their (Italian) culture is entirely different from that of America's, leading some ignorant folks to believe that they are not "white". In such case, "white", really just means being an American, which is absolutely untrue.

• 9 years ago

Some dumbass white people seem to think anyone with dark hair and eyes and has skin darker than theirs doesn't classify as white

• 9 years ago

Because ignorant people believe every white person has pale skin.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Aaron
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Ignorance.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Because many people can't accept the thought of there being white people who don't look Nordic or Anglo-Saxon.

• 9 years ago

my mom is Italian and my dad is Anglo-white, she says because Italians actually have their own culture and Anglo- whites don't

• 9 years ago

I honestly don't know or care b/c this is the only place I dialogue where people wonder what color? who's black? white? asian? what do I look like? guess my race? This should be called YA Obsessions.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

cuz they're dark skinned

dark skin ≠ ligh skin

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.