TauProxy asked in Social SciencePsychology · 9 years ago

How do become more social?

I am severely lacking in social skills and I go unnoticed by a lot of people. It is hard for me to hold a conversation because I run out of things to say. I'm too scared to talk to new people because I'm afraid that I'll bother them. It seems people are uninterested in talking to me... how do I fix this?

Can I please get serious answers, to those of you who are joking around?

People already know me as one who doesn't talk a lot, so being myself might make myself look weird... but thanks for the suggestion.

Favorite Answer

Here is the best tip I can give you: Talk to people who are interested in the same thing as you are.

I had the same problem as you. I would usually start talking to people not interested in my subjects and they got bored(I am a geek, so not suprising). Then, when I started hanging out with people who actually were interested in computers, I got more social with people. I felt more comfortable. That is what you should do.

The thing is, the reason you are not social is because of self-confidence. The only way I think you can gain self-confidence with socializing is talk to people who are interested in your topics because then you are very knowledgeable of something and you can actually keep a conversation. Also, when you start talking to people, people will start knowing about you and also talk to you.

It is like a chain-reaction. Talk to one, more join in.

You should just eat in front of them

Try beating someone up.

Just be yourself!