Mags asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 9 years ago

How to tell if you're making a friend do something?

like if you always ask a friend to hang out, but they never ask you. Or if you normally call them but they don't call you. Sometimes I can't tell if they're just not proactive in asking people to hang out, or if they don't want to hang out with you but do so out of politeness. Should you approach them and ask them, or let them make the first move?

Favorite Answer

I think if your the one constantly calling&or trying to make plans& they never do it. Then I'd stop& see how long it goes& I wouldn't again, until they did. After a while if there like man we haven't hung out in a while. Say yeah well give me a call when you want to. Or just say yeah I've been busy,but when I'm free ill call you. Then don't for a while& see if she says anything again,or never does when you first stop calling her. Then you'll have your answer

If you consider her a good friend then talk to her she might not even realize she does it

Good luck

Approach them on your own for very first time. And after that wait for a response. If you dont get it, it means you have to move on. It's not necessary that everybody would accept your friendship. So move on and try to make new friends or be friendly with them who are approaching you on their own..

I have friends like this. They never initiate plans so we have to do it for them. If it's becoming a chore then say something.

i think you can move and talk with him .