Melody
Lv 4
Melody asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

How can I lose 5 lbs per week?

Okay, so I'm 19 yrs old 5'4'' and weigh around 180. I really need to lose weight and get healthy.

Anyway, I rarely have time to exercise because I'm a very busy college student. Also, dairy and sweets have just been cut out of my diet because I found out they give me severe asthma attacks.

Is there anything I can do to lose weight really fast or any short exercises that burn lots of calories??

Thanks so much!!!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Cut out carbs and sugar completly drink tons of water and cardio 3 times a week

Source(s): Experience
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Ok girl, so I feel you. I was 215 at age 18 and I was so self conscious. What you need to do is DRINK WATER!! You're gonna pee a lot, but the benefits are so worth it. Also, eat regularly (NO skipping meals) and eat healthy. Gradual weight loss is the only way. I know that's not what you want to hear but crash diets cause you to gain more weight and destroy your skin, immune system and liver. Exercise exercise EXERCISE! I don't care if it's a jog from class to class you need to get your heart pumping. Finally if you really want to lose weight you need to stick with it. Don't expect week fast results, bit after two weeks and three weeks go by, you will feel so rewarded and all your hard work will have paid off! But make sure to STICK STICK STICK TO IT! If your serious about this, than for at Least a year. Hope this helped. :)

Source(s): Experience and my sister is a nutritionist.
  • 9 years ago

Well 1 pound is = to 3,500 calories to lose one pound you have to cut back or burn that much so you have to times that by 5 be sure to drink 6-8 glasses of water per day walk for about an hour a day

Eat low fat meals don't be tricked by stuff like poptarts it says 120 calories but it's 7 grams of fat so fat grams matter also

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Your best you can do is 3 lbs a week. If you take out carbs and simple complex food's then your bound to fail. take it slow. You did not gain that weight overnight and isn't going overnight. Let your body adjust to new changes and make a list of things you must eat and if your a college student on budget buy whole grains and even fruit can's and drain the water with cold and make shakes and protien shakes and limit food from vending machines and stick with nuts when your out the door.

Source(s): caloriecounter. I lost weight after my 2nd child watching my calories, 45 lbs and got 10 more to go..good luck.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Diet helps the most. Cut out all sugary foods and drinks like soda and juice. Start liking water. Try to stay away from highly processed foods. These tend to have the most calories.

1 lb is 3500 calories. keep that in mind.

• 9 years ago

eat healthy and excercise and drink water only u probably wil in the first 2 weeks

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You might wanna ask a personal trainer if its safe. Watch this video it may help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzbmyPy8olI

Youtube thumbnail

• 9 years ago

by not eating lol. That is an insane goal.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.