Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 9 years ago

Do you favor TERM LIMITS in the United States Congress?

If so why and if you do support term limits visit this link to petition the President to act!

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/p...

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Greedy, career politicians that are in congress for what it seems a life time need to go. Yes, definitely term limits. Let them feel what is like to get laid off and go out search for a job that doesn't exist.

• Smile
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

I am always in favor of term limits. The thing is...got news for some people jere...lobbyists are already in control. Money talks more than ethics I guess.

• 9 years ago

Because it takes members of congress a year or more to be fully functioning, and years to become effective, term limits removes members of congress when they are best equipped to help their constituents.

Term limits, thus, shift power from your elected representative to the lobbyists and other non-elected writers and influencers of legislation.

One might as well appoint lobbyists to run our country - they stay in power for decades.

Either give people a voice in Washington, or institute term limits and put the lobbyists in charge.

• 9 years ago

We need term limits in addition to criminalizing lobbying. Get rid of them so we can get people in office to make changes instead of just to get a big paycheck for little work. Politicians spend half thier time and our money just to campaign to keep their jobs.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I favor not voting for any incumbents

• 9 years ago

DEFINITELY ... 4 YEARS IS QUITE ENOUGH.. AFTER THAT THEY LEARN ALL THE ROPES AND HOW TO SCREW THE PEOPLE!

• 9 years ago

No, because we already have them- they are called elections.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.