What do you think about my life philosophy?

Dont you think that the key to understanding the world, and people, is to study it? I was thinking about it as I am reading this text on the renaissance: one could probably find some very real enlightenment by trying to understand the ways that different people think. That said, I've come to decide that studying history, anthropology, economics and culture in general is probably the key to understanding others, and (most importantly) drawing some major insights towards your own life. Ive never wanted to study history as much as I do now.

Do you agree? Do you understand what Im getting at?

Favorite Answer

That is a good start. The thing you want to watch out for is the tendency to come up with simple lists that you try to use to explain everything. The world is too complex for that to be successful.

....No.

You've gone and done what every other philosopher has done, which is:

Take a very simple idea, and try to make it really complex and deep.

Your idea is:

To understand the world, study it.

You say your idea as a paragraph..

I dont care about understanding the world. I just want to live in it, I dont need to understand why we are here. My life wont be enriched by finding out

Boo!