What is a movie/ song or book where...?

Someone is suffering and their enemy decides to help them?

Favorite Answer

Pulp Fiction

Bruce Willis helps Ving Rhames in the basement after they were chained up by the store owner.

Enemy Mine (1985)

A soldier from Earth crashlands on an alien world after sustaining battle damage. Eventually he encounters another survivor, but from the enemy species he was fighting; they band together to survive on this hostile world. In the end the human finds himself caring for his enemy in a completely unexpected way.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089092/

It's not so much suffering, but in Les Miserables, Jean Valjean has his enemy in his power and not only lets him live, but sets him free even though Javert had hunted him for 20+ years. Javert can't stand the idea of being in his debt and kills himself.

• marlar

I have many, however The Art of War, Les Miserables, The Pearl, The Stand, The Kama Sutra, The Art of Peace, The Giving Tree, Catch 22, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Zoom.... are one of the vital ones I hold going again to learn by way of the years. I have not learn American Psycho, I will ought to determine it out. I did not quite appreicate the film till I noticed it the moment time.