E_J asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 9 years ago

Rate my meal plan? What should I add?

breakfast - one banana

lunch - small bowl of plain amaranth w/ cocoa powder & stevia; glass of chocolate almond milk

dinner - 2 large bowls of herb mix salad - dressing was spritz of coconut oil & balsamic vinegar; entire 2 pound roasted butternut squash drizzled with abt 1 tablespoon coconut oil and 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup and cinnamon.

I am vegan and also following a gluten-free diet.

Stats: 23 years old, female, 5ft5 and 115 pounds; Active throughout the day but do not work out other than weekly yoga.

What should I be eating more of/ less of? Thanks!

I don't do very well on grains in general. They give me digestive issues (exception is millet and amaranth)

• Amy B.
    Favorite Answer

Total:

Grains: 1

Vegetables: 2

Fruit: 1

Dairy: 1

Protein: 0

Very, better yet, extremely inadequate! You NEED more grains, and some protein and more vegetables and dairy. With this you are NOT getting the nutrients you need. I understand that you are vegan, but if I were you, I would add at least a snack of some celery with peanut butter, or some nuts, or gluten free bread with nut butter/hummus.

• Erin

The food you have here is very healthy, but you do need to add more. You are underweight and should be eating more during the day. How about snacks like fruit and/or nuts--even some plain greek yogurt with berries, light meat like fish, turkey, or chicken or something? You need more fruit and protein, and probably some grains as well and even a little dairy. I hope you are not trying to lose any weight, but just trying to maintain weight--actually you need to gain some weight!. What you have is great and I know you may be vegetarian or vegan, but you need to balance your meals with other types of food and eat more of it.

Looks good, I would add more fruit & veg though. Butternut squash, holy yum that sounds good.

friend of... if you don't like the question don't post. you should get more protein.

• a pickle

2 points, I won't rate your stuff for you , this is not work.