What is the biblical quote I'm searching for?? Make sure the truth will set you free?

And exactly what does this apply to? And free from what?

So apply this to someone who swears a lie in court and is a scumbag in the dark of night.

Favorite Answer

Gospel of John 8:28-36

Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him. As he spake these words, many believed on him.

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. "

-----------------------

So we see that Jesus in the last verse referred to sin. This sin is the sin of man, not the individual sins we do but the sin nature that is the originating cause of all sins, of commission and omission.

How can we remain free from sin? He said that if we abide in His Word (the greater knowledge is that of salvation, which is His ultimate Word) then we truly are His disciples. Other times we find Jesus said that to love Him, is to obey Him. Love manifests in obedience to the Bible, hate manifests in disobedience to the Bible, to God's will.

If someone loves Him they'll obey Him.

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

The doctrines of the true religion shall make you free - that is, it will free you from the slavery of evil passions, corrupt propensities, and grovelling views. The condition of a sinner is that of a captive or a slave to sin.The effect of the gospel is to break this hard bondage to sin and to set the sinner free. We learn from this that knowing Jesus is not slavery or oppression. It is true freedom.

And ye shall know the truth,.... Either the truth of the Gospel, the truth as it is in Jesus; meaning, that they should have a larger knowledge of it, while others are ever learning, and never come to the knowledge of the truth; but the spirit of truth should lead them into all truth, and cause them to grow and increase in Gospel light and knowledge; or Jesus himself, who is the way, the truth, and the life; and the sense is, that they should know more of him.

John 8:32

"You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." So declared Jesus as he was teaching the multitudes in the temple in Jerusalem. (John 8:32) Jesus' apostles could readily identify Jesus' teachings as the truth. They had seen abundant evidence of their teacher's divine origin.

When Jesus said to his audience that the truth would set them free, they responded by saying: "We are Abraham's offspring and never have we been slaves to anybody. How is it you say, 'You will become free'?" (John 8:33) They did not feel a need for anyone or anything to set them free. But then Jesus explained: "Most truly I say to you, Every doer of sin is a slave of sin." (John 8:34) The truth that Jesus was talking about can open the way to freedom from sin. Jesus said: "If the Son sets you free, you will be actually free." (John 8:36) So the truth that frees people is truth about Jesus Christ, the Son of God. It is only by faith in the sacrifice of Jesus' perfect human life that anyone can be freed from sin and death.

John 8:31-38.

• E

Jesus is the ONLY TRUTH and HE "the Truth" sets men free...and as it is written "he who the son sets free is free indeed"

Look it up in a BIble and or use a concordance to find it

Jesus said "Who ever commits sin is a slave to sin, but whom the Son sets free shall be free indeed."

It is obvious by the context that Jesus was referring to sin and the slavery it creates in a person's life.

Paul said it like this, "Don't you even realize that you are a slave to the power that you choose to obey, whether to sin which leads to death, or to righteousness which leads to life?"

• "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." - John 8:32

It's speaking about being free from the bondage of sin once you believe the Gospel.

Truth is knowledge of things as they are.

You don't want evil beings with more knowledge than you have

as they may try to hurt you.

This one? http://bible.cc/john/8-32.htm

It means to set you free from the bondage of sin