?
? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 9 years ago

♂ WDYT of these 3 boy names?

I am not pregnant, I just love names.

-- Jacob Scott "Jake"

-- Nicholas David "Nick"

-- Thomas Evan "Tommy"

The most detailed answer will get ten points!

~

BQ: What are your top 3 boy names and why?

Favorite Answer

• Jacob Scott: I think it's cute for the most part. I like Jacob, but it's too popular for me, especially after Twilight. I've never been a huge fan of Scott. I'm not sure why, but it's always sounded...preppy to me. Now I just think of Scott Disick, which doesn't make it better lol ;)

--6/10

• Nicholas David: Such an adorable name! I love Nicholas, it's in my top ten. I like David as well, but only as a middle name for me for family reasons. It flows well, Nicholas/Nick ages well, and Nick isn't as popular as it was 10 or 15 years ago! Very nice!

--10/10

• Thomas Evan: I love this! The names in general are great...I love Thomas and Tommy as a nickname is really cute ;) Evan was my favorite name a few years back, and I recently added it to my top ten again! The names flow well together and Tommy is a cute nickname for a little boy, but Thomas probably ages better. But it could go either way!

--10/10

Overall, I love your names and feel like we have similar tastes :) I had fun rating these!

BQ:

• James Andrew: This has been my favorite for years and I plan on naming my first son James Andrew. I started liking James a few years back...it actually started because I was joking around that I was going to name my son James after Jim Halpert on The Office. Soon I fell in love with James though! Andrew is my only brother's name and I plan on keeping all of my kids' middle names family names/meaningful names.

• Jude Gabriel: I love Jude! I'm not sure if it should be used on a child, but it's still my number two for now! I really love how it looks and sounds...and yes, I am a HUGE Beatles fan. So that might have a little to do with it ;) If anything, I definitely want to use Jude as a middle name. I'm not sure if I would use Gabriel as a middle name? I am having trouble with middle names for Jude (suggestions?), so we'll see...but anyways, Gabriel is my guardian angel and the male version of my name, Gabriela, so I feel like it has some meaning behind it.

• Nicholas Joseph: As I wrote on your ratings, I love the name Nicholas! I think it's super handsome and masculine, it ages well, it's common but not too much so. Joseph is after my favorite person in the Bible, Joseph, Jesus' stepfather. I just feel a lot of respect for all that he did and how humble he was. I'm not super religious but I am a practicing Catholic, and I hope my son takes Joseph as kind of...a role model? :D

I have so many favorite boys names, it's hard to pick favorites! XD

Good luck ♥

Jacob Scott.

Honestly? I think this is a bit too plain for a boy. Boys like to be adventurous and outgoing. They like cars and fighting and stuff like that. Jacob and Scott are fine separately but I think there should be a name in interest here somewhere.

Nicholas David.

Not too bad. I actually like this one. It's not too plain and it's a bit unique. (Never would I have thought of Nicholas and David in the same name)

Thomas Evan.

For some reason...I just do not like the name "Thomas". Not too sure why but it's never been much of a "good" name in my opinion. (No offense to anyone who IS named Thomas).

~

My Personal Favorites?

1.) Liam. It means "Strong-willed warrior"

2.) Dimitri. It means "Devotee Of Demeter"

3.) Abel. It means "A Breath"

Jacob Scott - I think Jacob is a really sweet, simple, masculine, strong name. But on the other hand, it is also cute, and innocent sounding. I love the nickname Jake, I think its adorable! Jacob Scott flows really nicely and sounds really cute together, I really like this one!

Nicholas David - I think both these names are really classic and masculine. I think they balance each other out really well and sound really nice together. :)

Thomas Evan - I prefer Evan Thomas, I LOVE the name Evan, it's manly, yet still adorable. Thomas is a nice classic name that would fit with Evan as the middle name., Just my opinion :)

I like them all! As is, Jacob Scott is my fav! If I could, I would switch things around to David Nicholas and Evan Thomas.

I love scott but nor Jacob, but together they sound nice

I liek Nicholas David, a bit plain though

And I like thomas evan alot, I like Thomas not so much Evan but they work!

BQ:

Oliver Henry

Charlie James

Milo Owen

I like them all. I'm not a fan of the nickname Tommy, but other than that, I really like them. Each pair sounds good together, but not crazy-common.

My 3 favorite boys names:

-- Charles Arthur (Charlie)

-- Nicholas Daniel (Nick)

-- Scott Brian

The middle names are all family names.

I like Jacob Scott but more with Bradley Nicholas David i like it and Thomas Evan hoestly its not my favorite but i stille like it.

BQ: Owen Everett and Liam

thomas evan is my favorite but i don't like the name "tommy", so in that case i like jacob scott.. and i would really like to name my son jayden reese

They all sound nice!

They are all excellent