Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPhotography · 9 years ago

what do you think of these pictures?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68086198@N07/

recently took these.. looking for some honest CONSTRUCTIVE criticism please!!

Update:

lol no i am the photographer! haha. i was hired by this couple to capture their special day(:

Update 2:

@queen the dress was already an off white lace.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Ara57
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

They are average snapshots, with various lighting, posing, framing and post processing shortcomings. If you did it as a favor or for free, then I am sure they are happy to have them. Having some pictures is better than having none. If you were charging and were hired as a professional photographer by them as clients, that is a different kettle of fish. You might want to take some classes, study portraiture and lighting, and try to work as an assistant for a while in order to step up your game. That work is not at a professional level yet. Good luck in the journey.

• Bob
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

There are exposure and wb balance issues with most of them.

There are also compositional issues i.e. cutting of the top of the fellas head.

The vignetting is amateurish at best.

This shot for instance http://www.flickr.com/photos/68086198@N07/61964072...

WOW - he is looking away from everything, he is lost by the terrible vignetting, she has some guy in blue jeans walking into her ear and the whole thing is not sharp.

Not good overall I am afraid and certainly not good enough to be "hired" for.

• 9 years ago

Wow, they are pretty good. You know how to edit photos, and use the settings pretty well too, and have some creative ideas as well. My favorite is :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68086198@N07/61969187...

Because they look so relaxed, and it just seems like a good photo. The coloring is good, and the dark vignette isn't too big, but not too small.

• 9 years ago

Well, first, the guys T shirt isn't what you want, its doesn't match the color tones. The posing or modeling of the people are wrong, they just seem weird, the poeple should stand in different ways together, idk how but other than some of those. The who photo seems like its from the 70's, the brightness and stuff is weird, just looks like an old photo. The people are standing on the wrong side for the bridge picture. Also, idk if this helps or not, but people will subconsciously look at the white patch in the picture first, what ever it is, if its that white empty spot, eyes are drawn to it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

honestly there are only two of these photos i kinda like.

Number one thing in your photos is making sure your subjects are casting the right emotion. in none of these pictures did this man look happy.

I would suggest taking photos of your Friends for practice before taking pictures of something as important as a wedding, no matter how small or how little you charge.

Source(s): freelance 4 years. studio 1 year.
  • 9 years ago

I don't like such harsh vignetting, the poses make the images look more like snapshots, and I don't understand why you edited some of them with a yellow toning. The integrity of a wedding dress (no matter the dress) is its white color. Turning it yellow is a crime.

• 9 years ago

I think u should try to work more with the light and the angle. cuz some of them r too simple

• 9 years ago

overall i like these.

but:

you went a little overboard on the vignetting in lots of the photos

it almost seems as if it was hard for you to keep the man's attention, as he is looking away from the camera in a lot of shots

in one of the shots you cut off half of one of the woman's foot

other than that, they are excellent

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Very nice couple. You look happy.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

What happy pictures!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.