Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPerforming Arts · 8 years ago

Where can I purchase a flute?

as you saw earlier I asked if a guy could play the flute and now I wanna know where I can buy one. I am a guy on my best friends account. websites would be great...

Favorite Answer

Good morning Anjessika's Friend,

If you are looking to start playing the flute, the Carolyn Nussbaum Music Co. (http://www.flute4u.com) sells new Jupiter flutes that they sell starting at $395. To find these flutes you will need to go to the Carolyn Nussbaum Music Co. website (http://www.flute4u.com). At the left hand side of their page there is a search bar, inside the search bar type in "beginner flute 5." This will take you to a page that has a link that says, "beginner flute 5." When you click that link it will take you to the page where the new beginner Jupiter flutes are listed. These are the flutes that my beginner students start on and they are incredibly durable; most of my students go on to use them in marching band as they go on through band in school.

I hope that this has helped and good luck!

p.s.

YES guys can play the flute, in fact the most prominent flutist in the flute world today are mostly men. There is Ian Clarke, Greg Pattillo, Robert Dick, James Gallaway, Paul Edmond-Davies, Michael Debost, Don Bailey, Nestor Torres, Gary Schocker . . . just to name a few, plus all of them are still alive :) It wasn't even until the the 1950's that a WOMAN held a principal flute position in a major orchestra, before that . . . it was ALL MEN :)

If you want a flute that's a good quality and going to hold up, go to your local music store. They should have brands like Yamaha, Jupiter, Gemeinhardt. Prices are usually $400-700.

If you're just planning on messing around (NOT playing in band) and don't care too much if it breaks frequently, you can look on eBay or a pawn shop. I don't suggest this, but I also understand some people just want to try it and have no plans on advancing much with it. Prices can be as low as $50 for a used flute. A word of caution: The $50 flute you might find could require $200 in repairs.

Source(s): flute teacher