can ditto mate with pokemon in pokemon soulsilver in the daycare? and if so with wich pokemon?

can ditto mate with pokemon in pokemon soulsilver in the daycare? and if so with witch pokemon

my togephi and ditto were in the daycare for a long time and they havent mated, anyone know why?

Favorite Answer

Haha, I nicknamed my Ditto Prosty - it's level is in the higher 70s now! Done a lot of work for me...

Like both said, you can breed a Ditto with any other Pokemon except legendaries. There are a few exception to this rule though. Togepi cannot breed, it is a baby Pokemon (others include Elekid, Munchlax, etc), so you have to level it up and evolve it first. Dittos cannot breed with other dittos either.

If you breed with a Ditto, try to use a male Pokemon, it will pass the moves on. In any breeding, the female Pokemon passes on the type, and the male will pass on moves (if the resulting Pokemon can learn them). So, if you breed a female Pokemon with a Ditto, it won't pass any moves on.

I always raise male Pokemon for that reason. The moves or movesets can be passed on - if it is a female Pokemon, those moves will not be passed on to future generations of Pokemon. If it sometime you need a female version of the Pokemon, breed the male with a Ditto, then use that female.

If possible, try to breed your Pokemon with other Pokemon, not Ditto. You can get certain moves that couldn't be learned any other way. Through breeding chains, you can get some really good Pokemon. I have an Elekid with Cross Chop, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, and will teach it Earthquake when it becomes an Electivire.

With the female Pokemon, if it already has a nature that you want the resulting Pokemon to have, make the female hold an Everstone. That makes it so there is a 50% chance of the Nature being passed on.

When you are hatching eggs, if you are trying to get a certain gender/nature combination, especially for more than one Pokemon, it is going to take a long time. If you have a Pokemon with Flame Body in your party, it speeds the hatching process up. Also, I always try to do this when I am watching a movie or something, because it can get so monotonous and really doesn't demand much attention.

Good luck in your breeding!!

Source(s): I'm a Pokemon Master!!

Yes, Ditto can do that.

It can breed with any Pokémon other than the Pokémon in the 'Undiscovered' group and itself, including male Pokémon and some genderless Pokémon, to produce eggs of the other's species.

Basically, anything non legendary can breed with ditto (except Manaphy and Phione, they can breed).

Ditto's ability to breed with any non-legendary Pokémon is also useful for creating Pokémon eggs of rarer Pokémon that it may be difficult to get a mate for, such as the starter Pokémon.

Hope this answers your question.

Source(s): Bulbapedia

The answers above are legitimate.

To answer your specific question on why Togepi and Ditto cannot breed, it is because Togepi is an infant Pokémon. Infants cannot breed until they evolve. Other infants may include Elekid, Magby, Smoochum, Pichu, etc. These Pokémon cannot breed for an inferred reason that I will not be explaining here... But anyways, Togepi must evolve to a Togetic first in order to have eggs produced.

To add to that, Nidorina and Nidoqueen specifically cannot breed due to unexplained reasons.

Source(s): If anyone is a Pokémon fan, please tell me what you think of this story: http://pkmnstray.com/

Ditto can breed with every pokemon save baby pokemon and legendaries. Note that using ditto you will not be able to pass on special abilities.

The reason is togepi is a baby pokemon. It cannot breed until it evolves.

Ditto can mate with every pokemon but another ditto and legendaries.

Source(s): Long time breeding almost every pokemon with ditto

ditto can mate with any pokemon (except legendary)

i nicknamed my ditto sex slave cuz he got the job done ;)

Source(s): i played pokemon alot back in the day