Jess
Jess asked in SportsBaseball · 9 years ago

Did the rays beat the Yankees?

Haha last time I checked the Yankees were up 5-0 in the 6th inning. What happened?

Favorite Answer

I was amazed that the Yankees were winning, since they weren't using any of their pitchers that are going to be on the post-season roster. But their bull pen is so deep, they were able to hold the Rays scoreless until the 8th anyway. Then they gave up 6 runs and with Cory Wade, rather than Mariano Rivera closing it out, he blew the save with a 7-6 lead and Scott Proctor lost it in the 12th, just minutes after the Red Sox blew the save against the last place Orioles. And in the blink of an eye, the Red Sox lost the wild card in one of the biggest collapses in MLB history.

Sorry Red Sox, I was hoping the Yankees would win that game and send you limping into the post-season. But the Yankees weren't going to jeopardize their post-season readiness for it, especially when they don't even play the wild card team in the first round.

Their manager put all his crappy players in to rest their superstars for the playoffs tomorrow. STUPID

That's what happened they are after all the AL DIVISION WINNERS! What i wanna know is this..Were you one of the Rays fans who left in the 6th inning after being down,,and now that they won your on the bandwagon? PPL like you make me wanna throw up,,enjoy because they'll never get past the Rangers.And you should be thanking the yankees for handing over the WC win to the Rays on a silver platter.

The Rays scored 6 in the 8th including a 3 run homer from Longoria, then scored one in the bottom of the 9th and won it with a walk off from Longoria in the 12th.

• DLM

Yankees led 7-0

Gave up 6 in the 8th.

Solo home run with two strikes and two out in the ninth.

TB won it in the 12th on a Longoria Home Run.

Oh yeah. Epic collapse. The Yanks, Red Sox and Braves all led with two outs in the final inning. All three lost.

I love Bo's answer...hahahaha! There was 2 hit batters and a walk to score a run in the 8th... and both of Longoria's homers were pitches right down the middle. Tampa def earned the victory, but the Yanks weren't sad to see Boston out of the playoffs.

• Tony

The rays won..

Yeah they came back to win that game in epic fashion.

IDK.....as I'm out on an island ~~~ :)

BUT...I saw the sun rays today.....

And....Even some yankees suntanning on the beach....

* http://www.youtube.com/embed/AQUXxbuplAI

Watch it 'Diana' I'm above Uuuuu ~~~ LOL

OMG...this is a crazy world....Tricky English words:)

Yanks didn't want Boston in the playoffs so they started serving up batting practice for Tampa late in the game.