Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why is Obama's ATF telling people with prescriptions for medical marijuana they cant own firearms?

http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2011/09/092611-a...

After government gets our health care records which other people will have their rights of self defense stripped from them?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • WallyZ
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I did not know of this but there is a simple response to this.

When buying a firearm, do not tell the seller that you use medical marijuana.

Simple, isn't it?

Your story about them stripping your rights, that is almost impossible.

First, "medical marijuana" is not paid for by any insurance company nor the federal government insurance plans. So how are they going to know when you are paying for it yourself.

Plus the fact that the current process is that you often have the "store" physician write up the prescription so that your own doctor doesn't even know about it.

Based on what you and it says, medicare patients would be prevented from this and that is not happening .

Finally, why would the ATF go after you to stop you from buying a firearm when they have you dead to rights on marijuana possession (it is still illegal federally? z

• 9 years ago

The ATF loves to make up their own rules out of thin air. Form 4473s for the transfer of a firearm only ask if you are an UNLAWFUL user or addict of marijuana or another controlled substance. If you are legally using prescribed marijuana you are not breaking any laws by purchasing a firearm. The ATF should be abolished as they are the most dangerous and out of control of all government agencies.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

This is exactly why we don't need government. All they do is restrict this, restrict that. I personally think that having access to marijuana and firearms is a human right protected in the Constitution. If you go out and do something stupid with either, you should be held 100% responsible.

I don't think government should be playing the 'what if' game. Obama committed an illegal act involving firearms (Operation Fast and Furious) so let's take away his Secret Service protection. He has abused the right to keep and bear arms.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

That is a disgustion letter. This from the same bunch that has sold or seen to it that thousands of firearm are illegally sold to the Mexican drug cartel. What can we expect next out of the corupt Obama administration?

@ WallyZ. So now you are telling people to lie on their 4473 form they fill out to purchase a firearm? I don't think so! Question 11.e. on the ATF form 4473 reads,"e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana, or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?" Read the letter posted by the asking this question.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I've been in the Army for 11 years and haven't owned a firearm personally. I don't NEED weapons for self-defense, although it is a security issue for most people - they feel safer knowing that they can be stronger behind a gun than another human being. This is what's wrong with the world we're living in, I respect the right to own firearms, but I don't respect the people that use them to have a sense of pride.

Besides, it's common knowledge that people under the influence of drugs (prescribed or not), have a higher tendency of accidents. This is why most medications suggest that the patient not operate heavy machinery - this time the government's just regulating the use of weaponry; something that may save the lives of innocent people.

• 9 years ago

General public sentiment is against it.

But it sure is fun.

Why does Rick Scott want mandatory testing to get welfare?

Why do most jobs require it?

Public workers have to take them.

Why not elected officials?

What's good for the goose etc.

• x x
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Back door gun control. Any GI with PTSD are in the same boat and can't get a police job because of it!

They are evil people and must be defeated before the election!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Because the Obama Justice Department has done nothing but stupid, so why change now?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

backdoor gun control, there are millions of American citizens who have been told they can't have guns through this illegal and unconstitutional tactic.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

you cant be a MMJ patient and have guns, your a drug addict *sarcasm*

Obama sends guns to the Mexican drug Cartels, its all fine and dandy

take away the guns, you take away the revolution

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.