If you are a pilot planning a flight from New York City to Mexico City, what factors would you need to take in?

If you were a pilot planning a flight from New York City to Mexico City, what factors would you need to take into account in planning the direction you would travel and the flight time? How would these factors change the way you plan your trip? How could you adjust your flight plan to compensate for these factors?

PLEASE HELP!

Update:

When I say "factors", I mean things such as jet streams. This is for Oceanography/Earth Science.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • bob
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

the FAA requires you to know literally everything about your flight. This includes TFRs, weather, etc. Obviously, if there is weather or a TFR that would change your path significantly. However, this is for VFR flight.

If you are flying IFR, you would plan using VORs and fixes (gps coordinates). Only the most extreme weather would become a factor. However, you still need to know everything i mentioned above AND MUCH MORE before you even start your engine.

• 9 years ago

NYC to Mexico City (D.F.) is not important. A flight plan is required for any commercial flight to any destination. You would follow all the steps you have (supposedly) been trained to know for filing.

• 9 years ago

The destination must be an airport of entry so you can be processed by customs. You should also become familiar with Mexican airspace and regulations.

• GRAHAM
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

You would need to take note of the prevailing wind by using TACOS and CHILLIES this will enhance the FAR and give a well needed boost.

Source(s): Tongue in cheek
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.