Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 8 years ago

Do you like Jamie for a boy? and how would you spell it?

Would you spell it just like that? Also possible middle names?

Jamie Thomas Hitt (hitt being the surname, is all i really like at the moment)

Thanks :)

@Sombra- Jamie is a name. Unlike people naming there kids Maddie or Liam...those are nicknames

Favorite Answer

I like Jamie for a boy's name. and i would spell it that way too

I know a guy called Jamie, his middle name was Declan

• nora

If Jamie is a name, then Liam is a name. Both are nicknames, but have been used as given names for a long time. I don't see why Jamie is more of a name than Liam. Jamie even sounds like a nickname, ending in the 'ee' sound that is so common in nicknames, while Liam sounds whole and complete.

That said, I do like Jamie Thomas Hitt, and would spell it just like that. I would have preferred James, but Jamie is fine as well.

Sorry, but I don't like it. It sounds quite childish, and it wouldn't age well. Jamie Thomas Hitt flows okay, but like I said, I'm not a fan of Jamie. Thomas is nice though. How about using Jamie as a nickname for James or something? Or Jamison I suppose. That way he could go by his full name when he's older, and it would age much better.

I'd spell it Jamie. Anything else would just make it look silly.

• ?

I like it as a nickname for James, but Jamie doesn't sound good as a first name to me.

James Thomas would be adorable, although very common, but 2 of my good guy friends names are James and Thomas, :)

• Sombra

I spelled it J A M E Y and gave it to my dog.

If you plan to give it to an actual HUMAN child, please use James and let the nickname evolve or not. Using a nickname as a given name is never a great idea.

Cute, JT for short :)

I think thats the most manly way to spell it?

Niiice!

Good luck :)

I really like it. I would spell it Jaime probably.

Jayme is how i would spell it. i think its a unique name for a boy! goood luck!

It sound good