Someone scratched up my car pretty badly in my university's parking lot. Should I file an insurance claim?

I have absolutely no idea who it was, no license plate, no anything. I didn't bother calling the police since they haven't done anything for these types of accidents (which occur often at the school I go to) and there are no security cameras in the building either. I read somewhere that you could be... show more I have absolutely no idea who it was, no license plate, no anything. I didn't bother calling the police since they haven't done anything for these types of accidents (which occur often at the school I go to) and there are no security cameras in the building either.
I read somewhere that you could be covered if you have underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage or collision? Can someone explain that to me?
And it also said it could be an "at fault" accident? Is this true? Isn't it possible to tell who was the victim in such circumstances by the scratch left?
I just need to know if filing a claim will be worth it.