Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 9 years ago

What is my survival rate against AML leukemia?

I'm at the hospital and I'm starting my chemo tonight. I'm terrified. I'm 15 years old, 5'6, average weight female. What are my survival chances? I'm getting treated at Stanford Children's Hospital in California, one of the best hospitals or so I've heard. I just need to hear from someone that I'm not gonna die.

Favorite Answer

Cindy, you will be alright, I mean it.

It's terrifying I understand, but you'll make it through. You wont die, many people have survived cancer and became a stronger person. The nurses and doctors at Standford will take care of you without a doubt (: I have been and still go to Standford.

If you need any advice, concerns, or questions you can message me and I'll be here to help. I've gone through the process at Standford. Remember to be surrounding by the people you love and eat healthy. I will pray for you.

You will survive!

Source(s): Cancer survivor

I am 64 years old female and just found out I have AML and have been in the hospital almost 4 weeks. I don t know which type it is as of yet. What is the survival rate for someone my age.

I will pray for you. My son's girlfriend is 17 and just diagnosed with this AML. On the internet researching. God Bless.

Don't freak out. Leukemia is treated all the time. In the mean time relax, watch some movies, play some games, and listen to the doctors they know what they're doing. I'm praying for you.

I'm not sure of your chances but I'm praying for you. Many people beat cancer I know many personally. Don't worry it will just make thongs worse on your body. Just never give up and know people are thinking about you and god is with you. Best of wishes . <3

Keep your head up sweetie and stay strong. Anything is possible and being that you are young you may just beat the odds.

Most people who are diagnosed with cancer survive the disease- thanks to modern medical care and treatments.