In Calif. is it legal for one County Superior Ct. to take over Subject Matter jurisdiction from another County?

Can a Superior Court take jurisdiction over real property in another county within Calif.and demand a deed to be made out to another person in a dissolution? This is subject matter, real property,


If yes, where is the law?

Update 2:

One of the parties lives in the 'other' county, on the subject property which is not in the County the decision was made.

4 Answers

  • John S
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    The court is not taking jurisdiction over the property, it has jurisdiction over the parties, and can direct how the parties must allocate their assets in the dissolution. That could be done for property owned by a party in a different county, state, or country.

    Source(s): 35+ years as a criminal defense attorney
  • 10 years ago


    Source(s): Googled it
  • WRG
    Lv 7
    10 years ago


  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

    They can, but they are the ones that have to make sure they are within the bounds of their authority to do so. If they are not, you can have an attorney challenge this and have the ruling reversed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.