Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Christians, why can't you accept that God thinks it is okay to be Gay?

Okay, i'm a Catholic Christian and like many others I think that all Anti-Gay teaching from any Christian denomination is out-dated and silly.

In the Bible, it states clearly that man is made in Gods image. By you saying that being gay is wrong you are contradicting your own scriptures. Obviously if there are gay people in the world, God intended them to be Gay. If God was against Gay people, then he would not make people Gay. Enough of this stupidity about God is testing us because again in the Bible it clearly states that God will never put us to the test. Also, Jesus never mentioned Homosexuality, but taught of Love and acceptance and tolerance. Maybe you gay hating Christians should actually listen to the teachings of our Saviour Jesus Christ. The only time homosexuality is mentioned is in Leviticus which is the Old testament which Christians see fit to pick and choose and to abandon whenever it suits them, and by a man in the new testament that is not Jesus/God. So seriously, build a bridge, get over it and accept that it is Okay to be Gay!

@Adore him, i've already addressed Romans. It was written by the man I was referring to as not being Jesus or God.

@Hip to be square - All christians teach that God creates life. Gays are people with life, therefore God created them.

@ David - Not all gays act like females. Maybe you should go to school.

@Matthew - If the bible is not outdated, then why is it no longer a sin to wear wool and linen at the same time anymore? Christians have obviously chosen to pick and choose what they think is true or not.

@ Laila, stop talking RUBBISH!

- I already mentioned it is in the new testament so how about you read it properly?

- I am gay, and I did NOT choose to be this way! I wish I was straight, but i'm not and never will be. So shut up talking about something you do not know about!

- We do not want your sympathy because it is not needed.

- We do not 'become gay' because of abuse. I was never abused and i'm still gay.

@Sentinel- I know perfectly well what the Church's teaching is, and I do not agree with it at all.

@ Reena - Thank you for that lovely comment, it's nice to see some support <3

You are right.

Love not hate! <3

@ascender- Yeah, like I really believe that you are no long get. Grow up you idiot.

@Charchar -

- Why should we take criticism well?

- If you disregard the OT you are therefore saying the bible is outdated. Hypocrite much?

- If it is okay to be Gay, then it should follow that the acts it entails are okay too. Use your common sense!

- Oh please, I kissed girls when I was in Nursery and I never turned out straight! So that is a load of RUBBISH! As you said it "contributed" meaning he was gay anyway!

- The people who have 'Chosen' to be gay are not proper gay people, they are people that make the real gays look bad and make people thing it is a choice.

- HOW DARE YOU COMPARE CHOOSING TO BE GAY THE SAME AS BEING A DRUGGIE!! You disrespectful moron!

Favorite Answer

God or no God, then I say, buck up, some people are gay.

And it's not a choice. It's somewhere in the genes.

Let's face it. You ignorant people (to the commenters) make homosexuals miserable. Why would someone CHOOSE to be miserable, bullied, to be an outcast? If that's the case, they are masochists, and to be honest, going to hell is a reward when you are a masochist.

Love is love no matter who you find it in.

♂ + ♂ = ♥

♀ + ♀ = ♥

♀ + ♂ = ♥

EDIT:

1. You're right. Christians do pick and choose, which is wrong. Jesus said it clearly: Love everyone. Which means that we should not be spreading a message of hate, and YOU should not assume every time we tell you something you do is wrong that we are being hateful.

As much as MANY Christians are at fault for constantly bashing others, many of YOU don't take criticism very well.

2. The Bible is not 'outdated', after Jesus was born many of the ancient laws were no longer necessary, such as sacrifices and no shaving.

3. I hate the book of Leviticus, because Christians AND Atheists constantly use that book to pick on the other side. As Christians use it to bash gays, you use it to poke fun at some of the old rules.

4. It IS okay to be gay! It isn't okay to have gay sex though, but since that's a natural thing with love, people often say it is both. God hates the sin, not the sinner.

5. Not all of the gay people you see on this Earth were born gay, believe it or not. My homosexual friend didn't tell me until a few months ago that when he was in kindergarten another boy and he touched 'peewees' and other things for almost a week. He also said that he believes that contributed to his homosexuality. Some people are genetically gay, some people are gay due to traumatic events, some people had certain influences in their life, and some people DID INDEED CHOOSE TO BE GAY. It's not much different from choosing to be a druggie, emo, or whatever. Some people want to be part of the unpopular crowd for the same reason people want to be popular.

ANOTHER EDIT:

OP why are you bashing everyone that says something you don't agree with? You asked a question, if you don't like the answer don't choose it! This isn't a debate class.

@OP:

1. If everyone in the world got angry every time someone corrected them/criticized them, where would be?

2. I don't disregard the OT, I just hate how Leviticus is used as a weapon. And How is hating something calling it outdated? Learn to read much?

3. Use YOUR common sense. I believe it is okay to love another man, not put your penis in one! I may be WRONG and gay people may be COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE but I'm sure no answer would ever please you!

4. How is that RUBBISH? You don't 'become straight' most people just are, you are DELUSIONAL if you think being gay isn't an abnormality. Inb4 you label me as a homophobic, it's just TRUE!

5. Oh really! So I guess YOU are the only right gay person! You're worse than a fundamentalist Christian!

6. You calling me a moron is MUCH MORE DISRESPECTFUL, I NEVER INSULTED YOU UP UNTIL THIS POINT. MY POINT WAS THAT SOME PEOPLE DO INDEED CHOSE TO BE GAY, FOR WHATEVER REASON.

Why don't you end this FOOLISH question, pick which ever answer kisses your BUTT more and leave the rest of us alone?

It clearly states in the old and new testament that homosexuality is a sin. However, it's the act not the thought. I don't agree with hateful words against homosexuals, but I do not support "rights" as if they are a separate race. You should probably read the Bible a little more and understand that when sin was introduced into the world things like this were also introduced. We are a product of our own sinful nature.

Edit

It's interesting that you accuse someone else of picking from the Bible what they want to believe. For you to say Romans is irrelevant because neither Jesus or God wrote it is calling the entire Bible other than Jesus's words irrelevant. As to why Christians mix fabrics, the laws spoke about in the old testament were to separate God's people from others. Jesus came and it is now irrelevant what we wear or eat. The 7 woes describe this transition. Washing the outside of a cup to make the inside clean, white-washed tombs, go read them if you need to.

Because they obviously don't listen to God. Jesus said don't idolize me, quite explicitly. You would know this if you can read. In the same manner God said don't take from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Some christians do and some atheists too and say what is right and what is wrong. When in fact they just make their lives a living hell. It could be heaven on earth if ppl would just shut up and do their work and then hang out and chill on the weekends and stuff but no...

in response to those who do not accept gays: where exactly does god say it was his plan to only have men and women have sexual relations? And when I say that I also mean When did God say that and how do you know that someone didn't just lie and say he did? If only God knows what is right and what is wrong then why would you believe some guy who says that God told them? If someone has a problem with gays thats having a problem with a living being. Pointing fingers at a flower and cursing it do not change it. Perhaps because it was not the one that needed changing. You where. You and your snaring nostrils. Satin points fingers and he snares, he also judges that which should not be judged in the first place. People who would curse their brother for "loving" another man sicken me. They sound like the sinners. They sound like Satin. If you want to curse then go curse elsewhere. People can walk down a happy path loving thy neighbor and working together from the sweat of thy brow as brothers and sisters. You can join or you can go and curse people for not living life like you. It seems to me that living your life means cursing people. Whereas the two gay guys you are cursing are probably doing more important productive things for the betterment of society. But because they sleep together and engage in sexual activities that are different from yours they are going to hell....right. It sounds like you yourself already live in hell.

if gays aren't murdering people I don't see their crime.

I know this is a little messed up to say but they are also like natures natural birth control so that we don't become over populated. lol Sorry i feel like that was a weird thing to say. A gay friend told me that.

If everything is from God the creator, then this includes all things. Basically you must understand that having a problem with anything God created means you technically have a problem in your relationship with God. If you say God told me that this is right, then you might as well say that satin told you it was right because you will never get everyone to follow you so why notice that we are naked in the first place. thats already passed. so just be ignorant of things that are stupid like debates about whether gay is wrong or not. If you don't notice it you aren't on anyones side, and you don't have an opinion about it to do anything about it.

Source(s): I still consider myself a christian I guess even though I don't call myself one and I don't care about stupid stuff like whether gay is wrong or right. I also have gay friends even though I am not gay myself. I have read the King James version of the Bible and more contemporary versions.

You're wrong. It's mentioned in the New Testament as well, by someone who was inspired by God. Jesus condemns lust, and homosexuality falls under that category. The bible is not outdated, homosexuality was prevalent at the time (King Herod was bisexual!), perhaps even more prevalent than today.

God does not "make" anyone gay. People choose it. I'm not saying I hate gays, I actually have a lot of sympathy toward them. I believe that they are a hurting group of people because of the hate speeches as well as their own low sense of self worth. Many homosexuals have become gay because they have been abused or have had terrible relationships with their father/mother. Whatever the case, they need Jesus as much as anyone.

Christ loves them, but he wants them to change. Their actions are hurting themselves and preventing them from knowing the true and wonderful God.

• carl

"Obviously if there are gay people in the world, God intended them to be Gay."

There are also murderers, pedophiles, rapists, etc. in the world. Does it follow then that God intended for them to be that way? Of course not. Your logic is faulty.

"Enough of this stupidity about God is testing us because again in the Bible it clearly states that God will never put us to the test. "

Where does it say that in the bible? Have you read the book of Jobe? The bible says that we shouldn't put God to the test. It doesn't say we will never be tested.

"Also, Jesus never mentioned Homosexuality, but taught of Love and acceptance and tolerance. :

Jesus never mentioned a lot of things, but he is still the same God of the OT, who said gay sex is a sin. And, Paul mentions that homosexual sex is a sin in one of his letters. Jesus taught love and forgiveness, rather than condemnation. But, he never taught that we should remain in sin. After he forgave the woman caught in adultery he told her to go and sin no more. While we should never condemn practicing homosexuals, we should never accept their sin. But rather, the loving thing to do would be to help them get to Jesus who can heal them from their sin.

"Maybe you gay hating Christians should actually listen to the teachings of our Saviour Jesus Christ."

I agree if someone is hating gay people they need to listen to Christ who says to love everyone, even our enemies. However, if just telling people the truth about homosexual sin that can keep people from heaven, is labeled as hate, it is a false label. The bible says that he who listens to correction is wise, but foolish is the man who will not take correction.

"The only time homosexuality is mentioned is in Leviticus which is the Old testament which Christians see fit to pick and choose and to abandon whenever it suits them, and by a man in the new testament that is not Jesus/God."

That statement shows a clear misunderstanding of God's plan for our sexuality in the bible. Gay sex is forbidden in the OT and the NT. But, it's not just that it's forbidden, but that it was never part of God's plan to begin with. In the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth he made man. And then he looked for a suitable helper and he made woman. The two shall leave their parents and become one. And, what God joins together let not man separate. God made our bodies in such a way that we can produce children only when a male and a female come together. That should be your first clue.

Catholic Catechism

http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p3s2c2a6.htm#2357

Courage home page

http://couragerc.net/

Designed for Sex: What we lose when we forget what sex is for

http://www.touchstonemag.com/archives/article.php?...

As a Catholic you should read the catechism of the church before slamming others;

[2357] Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

[2358] The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

[2359] Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

Because your question is a lie and God does not condone this behavior,it is Sin He hates and does not want us to Choose{Sin is NOT Gods Image}...it is an Abomination to Him. You thoughts are being led by Satan unawares and until you want God, the almighty Creator, in your heart and soul and believe Him completely in His Truth of The Holy bible You will be at the mercy of Satan's lies and deceits. It is how it works. Been on both sides of the fence and experienced both dark of unbelief, and Gods Light.

Source(s): KJV, ESV Study Bible, The NIV Study Bible 1986 Print..pretty reliable than the new one out. The Gideon bible, The Strong's Bible Concordance

Leviticus clearly instructs to execute all gays, burn down their villages and never build anything there again. How can 'the infallible word of God' become OUTDATED at any point in human history? It makes no sense.

Just scrap religion altogether if you want to condemn homophobes like the rest of the rational world.

Source(s): Atheist

The Bible states in Romans 1 that homosexuality is a sin, but all sins are forgiven when you put your faith into Jesus Christ. The Bible is never outdated. =)