Why is it that I can't collect disability when I work for Walmart INC. in Western New York?

****NEW YORK**** I have worked for Walmart over a year and was hospitalized on July 17th and my doctor took me out of work to do physical therapy and rebuild my strength until Novemeber 2nd. My work told me I was not able to collect disability checks because I have not worked enough hours. Is this true or do I... show more ****NEW YORK****

I have worked for Walmart over a year and was hospitalized on July 17th and my doctor took me out of work to do physical therapy and rebuild my strength until Novemeber 2nd. My work told me I was not able to collect disability checks because I have not worked enough hours. Is this true or do I deserve disability checks for not having received them since I am out of work?

They also have told me I need to quit my job if I do not come back by October 17th.

PLEASE only serious answers, this is a major concern for me.