Are the Palestinians just dumb? Hear me out... They want a country with NO natural resources when instead...?

They could drop all claims for nationhood, recognize Isreal as a state and become freakin', voting citizens!

They could get much more with a ballot box than a bullet...

Agree/Disagree?

Favorite Answer

Well, here's the thing, and I don't mean to offend you by any means, but you've got alot of false ideas about Palestine...this is, by the way, coming from someone who generally supports Israel.

First off, I don't think it matters whether they have natural resources or not. Why would Israel want that land with few natural resources? The fact is, both parties see that as their homeland, and as a land that was given to them by God. It's not about natural resources.

Secondly, there are no "claims" for nationhood. Palestine IS a nation. There is no debate over whether or not they are. They are a nation inside a different nation-state. The same way Scotland is its own nation, within the state of the United Kingdom.

What they are trying to claim is statehood. Right now, Palestine exists really as two things; A nation, and an autonomous region within Israel. Palestine has its own government that can make binding decisions without Israeli interference within its territories (The Gaza Strip and West Bank). This, however, does not make it a state. Palestine is still technically on Israeli land, but free from Israeli rule. If the UN were to recognise them as a state (which they pretty much are already), then that would pretty much give them the last element of statehood, external recognition of legitimacy. However, the US has veto power in the UN and, though most countries recognise Palestine as a state, the UN does not. Palestine, therefore, does not have external recognition of legitimacy.

The Palestinian attempts to be recognised as a state are, to be honest with you, quite justified. They already are a state in almost all ways except for the fact that they are not recognised by the UN. With full statehood, they can begin to work more closely with Israel and the international community to find a lasting peace in the middle east.

I don't want to offend you, but I think you need to learn quite a bit more about the situation in the middle east.

Arabs are nothing short of bastards. simply put the only reason they wan't israel is the fact that the whole feud going on for forever. They both think they have claims religiously so both are on the equal field of no real reason to own it. So then I look at israeli being a democracy and arab palestinians being just like every other arab and will rape their wives to establish dominance and I say the israelis get to keep it.

Source(s): Fuck the commie lib

The Palestinians want statehood because they want their freedom. They are tired of being occupied. With statehood comes freedom and an end to decades of war. Similar to the American Revolution.

• EP

When all you know is fighting for generations it is hard to imagine voting