Do you think that Herman Cain really believes in ridiculous Sharia Law conspiracy theories?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/59069.ht...

I have a hard time believing that anyone really believes in the anti-semitic conspiracy theories about semitic Arabs trying to take over the American political system through their religious-based law.

There's hardly any evidence to suggest this anti-semitic notion about Semitic Arabs yet this anti-semitic charge is thrown around by seemingly intelligence people in politics such as conspiracy theorists Rep. Peter King, Herman Cain, Daniel Pipes and Pamela Geller (who is linked to the Norway killer).

Are these conspiracy theorists for real and should we be afraid of them?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

Cain is in a conservative primary, so he has to be avidly anti-Islam. If he were to get the nomination, I'm sure he would move a little closer to center on this issue. To answer your question, no, I do not believe he actually fully buys into what he is saying. He certainly believes it to an extent otherwise he wouldn't be saying it, however politicians tend to get more radical when they are speaking to their own base.

Case in point: Barack Obama campaigning in California; just listen to his rhetoric. It's much more liberal when he's on this side of the United States; the same is true for Cain.

• 8 years ago

I don't believe that it is a real threat in the US but I can understand how people can come to that conclusion. It is easy to look at other countries such as England and see where Sharia law has had an influence and/or been inserted into their laws and easily imagine it could happen here too.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

It's more true in Europe where it has actually happneded in small regions. I'd say it is more like the US elite have sold out the entire concept of America to MNC and international elite investors and not just Muslims. This is why we see things like unmitigated illegal migration(they are needed for our corporate owned farming system to turn out profit)

• C B
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Nice touch throwing in the Norway killer with Cains name.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I hope not. But then it's less scary to think that he does instead of the alternative, which is that he just wants to use it as a talking/fear mongering point. Either one could be the case with a person of his low integrity. And don't throw his military service into the mix, he was kicked out.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I would say there is more weight to certain conspiracies than most want to acknowlege. If Herman Cain truly sees a problem with Islam dominating our country, he deserves my support as a fellow American.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I've never heard of those people (are they politicians?), nor this theory. Care to enlighten us here over in "Sharia-dominated Europe"?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Currently there are over 80 Sharia Courts

In England.

And you think it could never happen here?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Look at europe since you love europe so much

Then remember 9/11 and the "moderate" muslims and islamic governments like iran who were happy that 9/11 happened

NOT IN AMERICA

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

In a word? Yes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.