Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Does THIS prove that the "Rebel flag" is a racist symbol?

http://news.yahoo.com/rebel-flag-still-flying-blac...

For the past few weeks, many White Southerners have posted theyre idiocy on here about the Confederate Flag and how White Southerners flew them proud, hung them on their bunks and placed them on enemy ground in WW2 Europe/Japan, Korean War, Vietnam and the Gulf War. They were complaining how strict the military has gotten with tattoos about the "rebel flag" meaning racism, and how Black people "fly" it...

Does this article prove that the rebel flag is nothing more then a racist symbol dating back to the old days of the KKK and the White Southerners in the military who hang it on their bunks should seem "suspicious"? I know as a Black/Mexican man, I wouldn't trust a guy with stars and bars hanging on his bunk to watch my back in a firefight.

wrong section

When I was in the service, I knew plenty of 18, 19 , 20, 21, 22 year old kids who had these flags in their rooms. So unless you consider them "old" I dont kno what your talking about. This was a few years ago

Favorite Answer

I live in the south, and the only people who fly rebel flags are "old south" white people.

Old south refers to the mentality of people who wish the south had won the civil war and/or people who wish they could return to the days of segregation.

The confederate flag is basically a sign saying "I am highly likely to be ignorant, uptight and hateful, stay away from me."

When Jefferson Davis gave his speech of secession from the Union, he made it clear that the Confederate states were fighting their war in defence of slavery.

So the Confederate Flag stands for slavery.

Some people would argue that slavery has nothing to do with racism.

They are probably retards.

If you don't want to hang a Rebel Flag then don't do it....but stop telling everyone else that can't do it.....people had relatives and family die in the Civil War fighting for the South....get over it

"Does THIS prove that the "Rebel flag" is a racist symbol?"

NOPE sure doesn't. Have a nice day..

EDIT: PT asked "and it is against the law to burn the american flag?" The answer is NO it is NOT, In reality it is one of the preferred way to dispose of a tattered flag.

The only people I ever see with rebel flags seem to be uneducated rednecks. Just saying.

the confederate flag just implies that you are ignorant. the people who used that flag WERE rascist and stupid. so by using their flag, you are supporting their values.

is a malcolm x flag racist?