(12 yrs old Kid) Am I am bad Parent?

Okay, to shorten this story. I am in the military and September marked my 12th year serving. I found out that I have a 12 year old daughter. I had no idea this little girl was even existed until one day I got a letter at my job saying paternity test for a kid in Texas for child support. Now I don't know anyone... show more Okay, to shorten this story. I am in the military and September marked my 12th year serving. I found out that I have a 12 year old daughter. I had no idea this little girl was even existed until one day I got a letter at my job saying paternity test for a kid in Texas for child support. Now I don't know anyone out that way. I took the test and come to find out she is mine like I stated. I found out who the mom was and we dated about 13 years ago. We broke up! When I came back around she never said anything to me about a kid. I saw that she had a kid and because she cheated on me I asked her was the kid mine and she could not tell me. She was having her boyfriend at the time thinking it was his. Now 12 years later coming from a different state calling me the bad guy and slandering my name. Note I have 2 other kids that I provide and spend time with when I am not deployed or while I am on vacation. Why couldn't this be civil and 2 adults handle adult business. (lol) I have to laugh at her but how can I explain that to a kid that I don't know if she want to know the truth without talking bad about her mom. I don't know what she tell this kid. Thanks for replying it you have something good to say..
Update: Thanks ladies, I appreciate the answers.
3 answers 3