Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Who was the famous community organizer that used his law license w/ACORN to force subprime loans from banks?

Update:

False, Wolfy.

Update 2:

Case Name

Buycks-Roberson v. Citibank Fed. Sav. Bank Fair Housing/Lending/Insurance

Docket / Court 94 C 4094 ( N.D. Ill. ) FH-IL-0011

State/Territory Illinois

Case Summary

Plaintiffs filed their class action lawsuit on July 6, 1994, alleging that Citibank had engaged in redlining practices in the Chicago metropolitan area in violation of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), 15 U.S.C. 1691; the Fair Housing Act, 42 U.S.C. 3601-3619; the Thirteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution; and 42 U.S.C. 1981, 1982. Plaintiffs alleged that the Defendant-bank rejected loan applications of minority applicants while approving loan applications filed by white applicants with similar financial characteristics and credit histories. Plaintiffs sought injunctive relief, actual damages, and punitive damages.

U.S. District Court Judge Ruben Castillo certified the Plaintiffs’ suit as a class action on June 30, 1995. Buycks-Roberson v. Citibank Fed. Sav. Bank, 162 F.R.D. 322 (N.D. Ill. 1995). Also on

Update 3:

... June 30, Judge Castillo granted Plaintiffs’ motion to compel discovery of a sample of Defendant-bank’s loan application files. Buycks-Roberson v. Citibank Fed. Sav. Bank, 162 F.R.D. 338 (N.D. Ill. 1995).

The parties voluntarily dismissed the case on May 12, 1998, pursuant to a settlement agreement.

Plaintiff’s Lawyers Alexis, Hilary I. (Illinois)

FH-IL-0011-7500 | FH-IL-0011-7501 | FH-IL-0011-9000

Childers, Michael Allen (Illinois)

Clayton, Fay (Illinois)

Cummings, Jeffrey Irvine (Illinois)

Love, Sara Norris (Virginia)

FH-IL-0011-9000

Miner, Judson Hirsch (Illinois)

FH-IL-0011-7500 | FH-IL-0011-9000

Obama, Barack H. (Illinois)

Wickert, John Henry (Illinois)

FH-IL-0011-9000

Update 4:

Except the settled lawsuit has undoubtedly forced (ACORN has said as much) Citibank to make subprime loans to unworthy folks, similar to those previous "unworthy" people they had loaned to in the past... who just happened to be white devils like Rev. Wright warned me about...

Like those devilish white people weren't damned near 3/4's of America's population and junk, LOL.

As you were saying, ageandscholar, I'm embarrassed to admit that I've forgotten your point due to its weak, weak and even weaker than weak nature...

Try harder next time.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Curt J
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Some phoney with jughead ears and a permanent suntan. I won't mention any names, but his initials are Barack Hussein Obama.

Source(s): Just my opinion
  • 9 years ago

Well - the push to have banks give loans to people who couldn't prove their ability to repay the debt started with the Carter administration. The push was strengthened during the Clinton years. PRE-President Barak Obama, as a "community organizer" certainly would have been "encouraging" people who couldn't afford to pay back loans to take advantage of the pressure from D.C. to grant such loans to the communities he was working for.

Not sure if his involvement in this, or something else, was the cause of him being *asked* to no longer practice law. I guess both he and Michele could clear the air about that... we could look in their records, except the FIRST piece of legislation that President Obama signed was an Executive Order sealing his records. Go figure.

• R J
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I know Cuomo running HUD did it and here is the tape of it. As of late banks in missouri are being told to do it by the Justice department

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivmL-lXNy64

Youtube thumbnail

Yep here's the Obama deal during Clinton times

http://iusbvision.wordpress.com/2008/09/30/obama-s...

Here's the justice deal with the AG doing it again! Sorta makes you wonder since that is the reason we are in such a mess and here we go again

http://brianleesblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/obama-ju...

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Ahh, good. A Conservative asking about ACORN.

I've been waiting to sock this question to ya....Why did the Republicans demonize ACORN and crush it to the ground, then turn around and characterize the provisions of Al Franken's Anti-Rape Bill as an attack on business [If I'm correct, Hayley Barbour said that]? While fraudulent organizations are definitely a concern, why didn't Haliburton receive the same treatment when it was revealed that they refuse their employees to take them to court, should some type of wrongdoing afflict them on the job?

The case that brought this to wider attention was one involving a girl who was gang-raped while working in Afghanistan, then shut in a storage unit for three days. She was shot down after requesting a trial against the coworkers of Haliburton who attacked her.

Al Franken took them to task and started the bill....Democrats and Republicans each voted against it, but the most vocal objection came from THIRTY Republicans, who voted against it, and fought for Haliburton.

Why didn't they work harder on THAT?

And when you guys get started on your anti-ACORN sermon, why should I take it seriously when the politicians who lead the argument complain when their own principles are applied in favor of the well-being of a rape victim?

Source(s): republicansforrape.org
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

The only time Obama represented ACORN was when he was also representing the DOJ in enforcing the National Voter Law of 1993.

It had nothing whatsoever to do with sub-prime loans.

http://mediamatters.org/research/200810150003

Source(s): Except that that case did not involve ACORN and did not force Citibank to give a loan - it merely stopped them using discriminatory reasons to refuse a loan. When you have been shown to be wrong, refusing to address the rebuttal other than to call it weak over and over again does not strengthen your point. Obama was a bit player in that case, he was not representing Acorn, and the case was about laws against discrimination. You are wrong on every point.
  • Dick
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Forced banks to loan? LOL...you don't understand how banks work do you? Put the kool-aid down and step away from the fox machine, you're in danger of being turned into a parrot.

• 9 years ago

The guy who was a failure as a lawyer over at Sidley and Austin. I think his name was B. Hussein Obama. Extortion via legal coercion was the best that Obama could muster.

• 9 years ago

I guess you're looking for someone to say Obama, but since he didn't have a "law license with ACORN" and didn't force subprime loans, I don't think that answer will be forthcoming.

Edit: Oops, guess not.

• jakepi
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

How many democrats voted against the bill?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

did you know it is against the law to give false information on a loan application.if any one went to jail.i did not hear about it.did you or any one.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.