Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

Spiritually speaking Why do some ppl think?

hypothetically atheists/scientists would defend evolution religiously if it had no evidence. Learning you are wrong and removing *bad science* is scientific progress and if evolution had any contradicting evidence i would 100% think its theory status removed until the problem is solved whether its a new theory required or additional information previously unknown.

and by atheists/scientists i am using words i have seen used by ppl making this claim, i mean ppl not ignorant in biology

i would never call anyone *evolutionist*

, i accept the fact it is in the dictionary but doesn't mean it would was idea to put it in there

THIS does not say evolution has no evidence its a hypothetical if. This question is not does evolution have evidence so pls skip the idiot evolution has evidence, if you wish to answer the question does evolution have any evidence make a new account and ask that question so you can answer it i dont care.

Favorite Answer

Dr. E. Marshall Johnson is Professor Emeritus of Anatomy and Developmental Biology at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. There, for 22 years he was Professor of Anatomy, the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy, and the Director of the Daniel Baugh Institute. He was also the President of the Teratology Society. He has authored more than 200 publications. In 1981, during the Seventh Medical Conference in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, Professor Johnson said in the presentation of his research paper:

“Summary: The Quran describes not only the development of external form, but emphasizes also the internal stages, the stages inside the embryo, of its creation and development, emphasizing major events recognized by contemporary science.” (View the RealPlayer video of this comment )

Also he said: “As a scientist, I can only deal with things which I can specifically see. I can understand embryology and developmental biology. I can understand the words that are translated to me from the Quran. As I gave the example before, if I were to transpose myself into that era, knowing what I knew today and describing things, I could not describe the things which were described. I see no evidence for the fact to refute the concept that this individual, Muhammad, had to be developing this information from some place. So I see nothing here in conflict with the concept that divine intervention was involved in what he was able to write.”4 (View the RealPlayer video of this comment )

4) Dr. William W. Hay is a well-known marine scientist. He is Professor of Geological Sciences at the University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, USA. He was formerly the Dean of the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science at the University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA. After a discussion with Professor Hay about the Quran’s mention of recently discovered facts on seas, he said:

“I find it very interesting that this sort of information is in the ancient scriptures of the Holy Quran, and I have no way of knowing where they would come from, but I think it is extremely interesting that they are there and that this work is going on to discover it, the meaning of some of the passages.” And when he was asked about the source of the Quran, he replied: “Well, I would think it must be the divine being.” (View the RealPlayer video of this comment

)

5) Dr. Gerald C. Goeringer is Course Director and Associate Professor of Medical Embryology at the Department of Cell Biology, School of Medicine, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA. During the Eighth Saudi Medical Conference in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Professor Goeringer stated the following in the presentation of his research paper:

“In a relatively few aayahs (Quranic verses) is contained a rather comprehensive description of human development from the time of commingling of the gametes through organogenesis. No such distinct and complete record of human development, such as classification, terminology, and description, existed previously. In most, if not all, instances, this description antedates by many centuries the recording of the various stages of human embryonic and fetal development recorded in the traditional scientific literature.” (View the RealPlayer video of this comment )

6) Dr. Yoshihide Kozai is Professor Emeritus at Tokyo University, Hongo, Tokyo, Japan, and was the Director of the National Astronomical Observatory, Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan. He said:

“I am very much impressed by finding true astronomical facts in [the] Quran, and for us the modern astronomers have been studying very small pieces of the universe. We’ve concentrated our efforts for understanding of [a] very small part. Because by using telescopes, we can see only very few parts [of] the sky without thinking [about the] whole universe. So, by reading [the] Quran and by answering to the questions, I think I can find my future way for investigation of the universe.” (View the RealPlayer video of this comment )

7) Professor Tejatat Tejasen is the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy at Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand. Previously, he was the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine at the same university. During the Eighth Saudi Medical Conference in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Professor Tejasen stood up and said:

“During the last three years, I became interested in the Quran . . . . From my study and what I have learned from this conference, I believe that everything that has been recorded in the Quran fourteen hundred years ago must be the truth, that can be proved by the scientific means. Since the Prophet Muhammad could neither read nor write, Muhammad must be a messenger who relayed this truth, which was revealed to him as an enlightenment by the one who is eligible [as the] creator.

That was a little bit disjointed.

However, I think I got what you were saying up front. Yes, it is true. If science is presented with a big contradiction in evidence vs. theory, the evidence (if testable and repeatable) is ALWAYS right. If your math and reality don't match, your math is wrong. I learned that 35 years ago during my college days.

We rally around the theory only to the extent that we scrutinize it to find out where assumptions sneaked into the equations. (If we kept away from the theory, we'd NEVER find the trouble spots.)

People are quick to jump on science when it cannot explain something, but they are quick to forget the spectacular results of such events. Look up "phlogiston" - which was an old theory having to do with things that burned. It eventually led to studies in sealed-container experiments and to classical thermodynamics of combustion - the basis of the modern automobile engine. All of that work to find out what was wrong with "phlogiston" theory led to literally dozens of discoveries in physics and chemistry. Doubt me? Look it up with your favorite browser.

yes