Cracked Ipod Touch Screen?

My Ipod Touch was cracked for a while but when it got worse, the touch screen quit working where it was severely cracked. How can I judge if this is an external or internal issue? Would a new screen resolve the issue?

Favorite Answer

could be either. only way to find out would be to take it to local ipod repair shop. apple will most likely not fix/replace it. a cracked screen isnt a manufacturing defect =P depending what model u have it could range from $29-$79 for a new screen. i charge $39 for installation. that'll give u a rough estimate on how much local shops charge for installation. if the screen doesnt fix it, im guessing it should tho, then its a logic board problem. lets hope its just the screen!=) good luck hope this helps.

brandon

Source(s): ipod/iphone/ps3/xbox360 tech

Well it can still work if the screen is cracked. my friend's screen is cracked so bad you can see inside of it yet it still works. So it's probably eternal damage.

Umm I don't really know I would call apple and see what they think.

yes it would