Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 10 years ago

Debit card for under 18s?????

i know i can have a debit card for under 18 years olds because all my friends have them and they are all 16, i want to be able to buy stuff from amazon and steam etc without having to harass my parent or my brother to buy stuff for me, what is the best bank to open one up with, any comments saying you have to be 18 i know your bull******** because i know loads of people with them, any help i would greatly appreciate :) thank you if you do reply

Favorite Answer

Banks have a lot of hidden fees and charges. It may be more beneficial for you to just purchase a Visa Gift Card or something like that. You can put money on it whenever you'd like and can use it anywhere, including online. WalMart also has Gift / Debit cards you can purchase and load money onto whenever.

If you're set on having an actual bank account, you can have your parents help you set up a bank account at just about any bank of your choice and have a debit card issued to you. Might be a good learning experience on finances and banking institutions. If you're not good with money though, I'd stick with the Reloadable Gift Cards.

Contact banks near you and find out if they offer student bank accounts. I had a bank account when I was under 18, and I don't remember my parents being on the account.

in my country they offer debit cards for 18 year olds they usually seen on malls whch they have a stall most of the big banks