i keep getting a unable to print 36 message on my Brother MFC-5895cw printer and don't know what it means.?

I don't get why i am getting this I've checked for paper jams and the printer is clean I have to unplug the printer and restart it just to get it work and when I do it starts a cleaning process i'm not understanding why it's doing this and I've lost the manual.

Favorite Answer

Hi There,

You will find the printer manual online at the link below.

Brother also has a tech support link you can check out.

Hope this helps,

Al

• carita

Brother Mfc5895cw

After hours of trying to sort this problem, I found that paper dust was covering the paper feed rollers and causing them to slip giving this error. Easy solution is to clean all rubber coated rollers (2 grey ones directly touching paper, and the main black one running full length of printer inside) also all the solid plastic wheels you can get to, clean all of these with isopropanol alcohol and it will allow the rollers to grab the paper and start working again.

Pull out all of your cartridges, clean all contacts on cartridges and inside with a damp q-tip. Unplug printer for 2 minutes. Plug back in, load ink cartridges and all should be fine. Worked for me.