Why cant I breath sometimes when I go to sleep I gasp for air.?

Last night I fell asleep rite after I ate and I had some salsa also.. Usually this happends when I eat salsa and go to sleep rite after.. I ate and like litterally 5 min after I fell asleep and I was asleep for about 10 min and than I couldnt breath and I was gaspin for air and got up and still couldnt breath I... show more Last night I fell asleep rite after I ate and I had some salsa also.. Usually this happends when I eat salsa and go to sleep rite after..
I ate and like litterally 5 min after I fell asleep and I was asleep for about 10 min and than I couldnt breath and I was gaspin for air and got up and still couldnt breath I think its because of the salsa but I am not sure.. I smoke some weed every now and than but im sure its not cause of that this has happend to me even before I would smoke weed.
Has this happend to anyone else?