Is it normal for rabbits to eat their own poop?

My rabbit jellybean does the strangest thing, he like many other rabbits has a certain area in his cage where he goes to the bathroom and usually he only goes to that corner to do his business, but lately I have noticed him over there munching on stuff and I finally figured it out, he is eating his own poop... show more My rabbit jellybean does the strangest thing, he like many other rabbits has a certain area in his cage where he goes to the bathroom and usually he only goes to that corner to do his business, but lately I have noticed him over there munching on stuff and I finally figured it out, he is eating his own poop pellets!! He has more then enough to eat and he is very picky. I buy him the food that has the reg pellets along with corner kernals and pieces of hay and celery etc. and he will pick through it and eat everything but the pellets. On top of that I give him those veggies sticks to chew on and I also feed him fresh carrots and celery and he eats all of it so why do I catch him eating his own poop pellets?
10 answers 10