Name one invention from Islam in the last 500 years?

besides the 4,000 rockets they send into Israel every year

@Magpie - WM3 free at last. you're an idiot. those were all BEFORE 500 years ago. That's why I specifically asked that last 500 years.

• Best Answer

Let's see....Oh, I know!

I know!!

I know!!

Cell phone detonated roadside bombs!!

Yes, that is what Islam gives us; death and destruction, in this life and the next!

The Voice of Truth

• 5 years agoReport

who made pin hole camera who invented coffee who invented surgery.. surgical instruments :P ,, who inventd needle
      http://lostislamichistory.com/5-muslim-inventions-that-changed-the-world/

• Kilmir

It's hard to tell what came from the middle east. Apparently a lot of the maths were actually from India but because Muslims controlled the trade routes to Asia it only got to Europe via Muslims so we attributed it to Muslims.

Similarly it's unknown how much ancient works from Alexandria were taken during Arab occupation but it's now suspected that a lot of Muslim advances were based if not copied from that source. Incidentally the European Renaissance era was basically jumpstarted with rediscovering those ancient Greek sources which the Muslims had kept over the centuries.

So we have the Muslims to thank for our advances, but not because they invented so much themselves.

Oh incidentally, it was probably the Crusades which caused so much turmoil in the Muslim countries that the Mullahs could take over. Theocracy is the death of progress so even if some advances were made by the Muslims, after that it was game over.

Those rockets are not Muslim inventions

Hamas uses Katusha rockets which were designed by a jet and rocket propulsion lab that was a precursor to the Russian space program for use by the Soviet Red Army during world war II. I don't know who designed them so there is no way to make the claim they were the product of a Muslim designer- and they were most likely designed by a team of engineers. Next they were solid fueled

I'm not sure what chemicals wer used as the fuel but the first solid fueled rockets were fueled with black powder and were a Chinese invnetion.

• dowe

i do no longer purely like the tone of this question. you may ask the comparable approximately any faith. there are various guy or woman Muslims who've contributed to the societies wherein they stay (merely as many atheists, Jews, Christians, Buddhists, etc have contributed). The 'exploding belts' are actually not the invention of Muslims, yet of a small group who declare to be something to do with Islam. in the united kingdom, the particularly some extra glaring contributions of Muslims to society are the super numbers of medical doctors and nurses who've saved our hospitals going; the folk who worked so no longer basic to make a bypass of corner shops, and are very almost the only representatives of those regionally based convenience shops left in some aspects; numerous Muslims in parliament as MPs or friends have made an extremely constructive contribution (maximum those days in persuading the Sudanese government to launch an imprisoned instructor); - i ought to bypass on and on, yet i think that no longer something I say may additionally assist you recognize that each and anyone unquestionably everyone seems to achieve success, all cultures have something to furnish, and to label each and all the followers of a particular faith in any way is to thoroughly fail to recognize the huge selection that exists in any non secular grouping.

@Magpie You basically schooled this cat XD

Anyway, One invention from Islam in the last 500 years are..well I just say somethings that MUSLIMS INVENTED...or better yet discovered.

It was north African Muslims who were the first to NON-natives to travel to the Americas.

Social security, public health care, the public library system and the public school system were all first experimented with in Muslim-controlled regions.

Safe to say they've taken several major steps backwards between then and now. The Muslim world now more closely resembles the truly backasswards medieval Christian Europe. lilAngel's post is pretty much spot on, although I wouldn't credit Judeo-Christian culture for that data. I would say it has more to do with the rise of secularism in the West, coinciding with the rise of fundamentalism in the Middle East.

What has "Christianity" invented in the last 500 years?

As for the 4000 rockets, I note that you neglected to mention the ongoing occupation of the West Bank by Israel, the daily demolitions and expulsions of Palestinians from East Jerusalem, the collective imprisonment of over a million civilians in Gaza, the invasion of Lebanon by Israel, which killed over 1000 civilians, the unprovoked attack on a Turkish aid ship in international waters.

Should I go on?

Khan Acadmy

X-prize

Prof Abdus Salam

just to name a few

Last I checked, religions typically don't invent anything except mythology and ritual. You could insert Christianity or Judaism into the question and get the same answer.

• ?

Islam did nothing its a set of religious doctrine. Perhaps it gave wayward people perpose as is the function of religion, they feed hungry people and clothe naked people as do most religions.

The arabic world gave us algebra in approx 200 AD, that is really all I know they did.

Martyr-Dumb = F-law

We are delivered from the f-law.

Where & when no law, there & then no f-law.

But the God of the living is NOT the God of Israel,

rather the God of Abraham, Isaac, and "JACOB":

Matthew 22:32; Mark 12:27; Luke 20:38

The God of Israel = f-law.