What type of paint for body painting?

I need some idea of a type of paint I could use to paint my friends entire body. I would like to go to a store and not order the paint though. Latex is too expensive so what can i use? acrylic? tempera? What? Thanks

Favorite Answer

I recommend acrylic, it's cheap and very easy to wash off!

Source(s): Personal Experience
  • tameka

Types Of Paint For Art

Paint Safe For Skin

1st i paint with acrylic paint and it is not easy and most of the time impossible to get out of clothes but peels right off of skin i have used acrylic in a body paint photo shoot on my own skin ( used it a eyeshadow ) and on my whole body with no allergic reaction but got it on my shirt and it never came out there are also 2 types of acrylic paints the paints in the tube like oil paints and the acrylic paint in the bottles use the bottle there is a brand that i used called FolkArt but here is a list of other types of paint used in body painting ....

Anyone who attempts body painting quickly discovers the lack of useful information and dearth of practical materials to accomplish successful body paintings. This situation has improved in recent years. It is becoming easier to find good paints to work with.

Most traditional makeup techniques are incredibly messy and time consuming. It's not unusual to hear of a full body painting taking 10 to 12 hours. Eventually I learned of some better techniques that get the job done with a minimum of mess and time.

Markers: Cheap, Safe, but slow.

Airbrush Make Up: Excellence, Speed and Safety -- For a price.

MagicColor and Mehron Face Paints, moderate price, good quality, safe.

Textile Acrylics: Very Practical, inexpensive, good looking, and probably safe.

Liquid Latex: Fascinating material with many possibilities.

PAX MakeupAdhesive based paint with great staying power.

Tempera: Cheap and terrible!

Personally I would use acrylic due to its loose and easily mixable texture. It is easy to clean and comes as cheap as $0.50 a bottle. Also you have a larger variety of colors with acrylic than you would with tempera paint. Also acrylic paint wont stain your skin and comes out of clothes really easy. Hope that helps:-)