i wanna own my own hair dressing business what college do i go to and do i have to go to business night school?

my dream is to own my own hair dressing business, i know i have to go to a hair college but do i have to go to a night school to study business?

• Ian
    Favorite Answer

Obviously a course, and a qualification, in hairdressing is the prime requisite, but attending a business class can only help as well. Running your own business means you need to understand accounts and overheads, and unless you intend to remain a one person business, you will at some stage need to understand how to select and manage employees (or partners), how to calculate their wages and bonuses, and how to deal with them if they misbehave in any way. Then there is marketing, or advertising, is it worth it, and how to do it. Not forgetting registering your business, and managing your taxes etc.

So it isn't just about how to do a wash and blow dry, but all the extras I have outlined that you will learn from a business class.

Good luck.

Source(s): Retired company accountant