What do you think will happen if the US Postal Service fails?

Best Answer

--Private, regional mail service would hit and be _pricey_.

--Lots of poorer people would be destitute as they couldn't reliably pay their bills. Leaving us screwed _further_.

--Bulk-mailed advertising would go completely out of business. With no spam to goad people, who's buying anything?

--Even _More_ hard-working, law-abiding U.S. citizens would be without a job several hundred _thousand_ at a time. Not just at the Postal Service--the Mail Room itself, whole billing departments would go obsolete.

--And as usual, your Investor Class, those Evil CEOs, Wall Streeters, and the paid-for Politicians and Media they own (like Fox News), would just plain *Squee*, soil themselves with joy, and then _gloat forever_ like these smug bastards always do: "u mad bro? Why don't you Poor People get a JOB!! Hahaha!! Get a Job! Any Job! hahaha! We TOOK all of the good ones away? Dig Ditches and LICK OUR BOOTS, while Don Juan and Fahjheeb and Kong Hai here, watch and _laugh at you_."

In layman's terms: If the USPS fails entirely, it will be a tipping point. A tipping point on crack. It will be THE sure sign that the apocalypse is about the deliberate and planned-for _Ruin_ of America, and well, it will be the sign that the Rich and Almighty have _Won_.

• Lauren

The Postal Service is failing because it can't maintain pace with today's correspondence. In the early 1970's Congress made it illegal for the USPS to do anything other than deliver mail. They cannot expand their services. To make things more difficult, we now have many more options for sending mail. Email, text, IM, etc have all taken their toll. Private businesses, which are able to do more than simply deliver mail, have also managed to take hold. Of course the USPS managed to screw some things up as well, such as paying millions of dollars for homes. For the record, postal employees get paid a a decent, living wage.

It won't really fail. It will go into bankruptcy and receivership, massive amounts of people will lose their jobs and pensions, riots will erupt in the streets with massive casualties because bills that were in the mail won't be delivered. Social Security Checks won't show up, the elderly will start dropping like flies, and the Tea Baggers will be overjoyed at the savings.

Source(s): optimist
  • words

I will have to guard my elite army of carrier pigeons, and perhaps add a few pterodactyls for the heavier packages.

I think UPS or FedEx would start a similar service. Similar to the Post Office, I mean, not my pigeon army.

• Merli

Private postal companies will form and mail could get expensive.

Have no fear gunslinger - the answer can always be found on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOsp_Iz5FgU

Youtube thumbnail

*ehem* dare I say that I went to see this band perform this song live in Manchester UK when it was first released ........ *runs off for mobility scooter*

• Gone

absolutely nothing: who the hell uses the US Postal Service anyway.

I will have less choices as a consumer when mailing myself to exotic locations.

• Pony Express revival time!!!

Brown will be working a lot harder, and so will Fed Ex.

Source(s): my $.02