? asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 9 years ago

The Book.......The Giver By Lois Lowery?

I am confused...I am on chapter 2 and they keep saying released......Released from WHAT!!!!!

and also where does the dad work?

Update:

NEVER MIND ALL I NEED TO KNOW IS WHY THEY KEEP SAYING RELESED...RELESED FROM WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--------WHERE DOES MOM WORK!!!!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • ???
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

it says that his dad was a nurturer (a person who nurtures someone)

Here is a summerary of chapter 2 ... Jonas's parents begin talking about the Ceremony in December. During the conversation, Jonas remembers the ceremonies he has had before and the ceremonies he has seen. During the Ceremony of One, all newchildren who were born the year before turn One. There are always fifty in each year's group. During the ceremony, each one of them is brought up to the stage to be given names. At the mention of the ritual of Naming, Father guiltily admits that he broke a rule earlier that day. Despite rules against doing so, he peeked at the Naming List of the newchildren who had been born last year. He wanted to know the name of the boy he had brought home for the night, and found that it was to be Gabriel.

if you want to know more about the book look at the following website http://www.bookrags.com/notes/giv/PART2.html

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

No. i might hate it. they are living to die. it truly is like a suitable international without reason to stay, different than with lies to make people think of they are off sturdy. it truly is an marvelous effective e book, because of the fact particularly some people think of that this "suitable international" may well be extra effective for all persons. individuality. we are protecting this in a classification I even have. have you ever study Anthem? considered The Island? city of Ember? they have lots of the comparable concepts, and yet seem the way it seems. to no longer be slightly harsh yet this became the belief of Hitler. A "suitable international" No, if this became going to ensue i might combat and do something to no longer stay in that enviroment. in all probability kill myself. it truly is all lies, a deceiving, "equality", perfet international, it truly is not sturdy. no longer properly worth it. Yeah, the international may well be extra effective, yet what became the fee to make it extra effective? how might it truly is made extra effective? Are you up for living a lie and then being killed? slaughtered? thats unquestionably what it truly is. If there is equality, then why are there leaders? without shade or variations, sound, there is not any factor to stay. people stay to for those products. Individuality. I took the e book as a warning or an "it ought to ensue" considering that's what the international very almost became if Hitler succeeded. to coach how fortunate we are. we are guy or woman, we've egos. (study anthem, you will get it)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.