Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

What do you think of Herman Cain's win in the Fl straw poll? Do you like his 9-9-9 plan for economic recovery?

His plan calls for abolishing the Internal Revenue Service and instituting a 9 percent flat tax, a 9 percent corporate tax and a 9 percent national sales tax.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Florida straw poll is meaningless. The poll is not open to the public. Cain got less than 30% of the votes of 3500 hand-picked party apparachniks, 1000 of whom didn't even bother to vote. LOL!

And his "999 plan" will cause skyrocketing deficits.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

I think Herman is great

And 9-9-9 plan is a good start

easy to understand

with more depth Will definitely come later

• 8 years ago

It clearly shows me that this GOP nomination race is coming down on two distinct sides; Romney and The Anti-Romney. The Republicans think they know Mitt and are looking hard to see if there is anyone else already in the field (or considering) who would be a better choice. Mitt Romney has a fatal flaw and everyone recognizes an 800-lb gorilla when the see one in the room. The major "accomplishment" of Obama's first term was health insurance reform we know as Obamacare. It was modeled after a similar program in Mass called Romneycare. You cannot draw enough distinction between the two plans to be of any real substance. The GOP is looking for the most powerful candidate they feel can defeat Obama in the general election. Mitt is assumed to be most "electable" in the general using the conventional wisdom of recent campaigns that you need large numbers of independently-minded moderates to win a presidential election. The GOP voters yearning for someone with real conservative principals have looked at Pawlenty and decided not to go there. They looked at Bachman in Iowa but realized she can't be trusted not to embarrass her supporters (Mental retardation? Really?) They looked at Perry and are quickly deciding he's not ready for primetime. Today Florida voters told us to take another look at Herman Cain. The biggest opportunity Herman Cain has had to show his stuff to date. The spotlight is getting brighter, he'll be given more air-time, likely starting later today on the Sunday talk shows and continuing into the next debate. He's got a shot to catch fire or to crash and burn depending on what he does from this moment forward. I'm one that hopes he makes the most of this opportunity and is able to raise both donations and awareness of his campaign. He can't afford a mistake beginning today and continue to be relevant. Chris Christie is waiting, circling the nomination landscape like a buzzard looking for roadkill. I think Herman Cain is the only candidate the GOP could nominate that changes the 2012 Presidential Poker game completely. Cain is holding a full house and Obama can't play his race cards. I like those odds.

• 8 years ago

Well, you can't abolish the IRS, because SOMEONE is still going to have to collect the taxes and make sure that everyone is paying them. They may abolish the IRS and create the Central Revenue Service or something, but the FACT is that someone has to be the bad guy and get you to pay your taxes.

whale

Treason rags - Get your facts straight, the story above states "Instead, former Godfather's Pizza executive Cain, who is far behind the two top-tier candidates Perry and Mitt Romney, won with 37 percent of 2,657 votes cast."

Cain won with 37% of the vote, not less than 30% as you claim!

Airjoe - There is a MAJOR difference between Romneycare and Obamacare, STATES have more authority in their states than does the Federal Government has.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Let's suppose he abolishes the IRS and institutes a flat tax and the rest of his tax plan

How does he plan to make sure those taxes gets collected? Magic?

Whether you call it the IRS or not, there has to be some administrative mechanism that will make tax collection possible. There's nothing about flat rates or a sales tax that would inherently prevent people from failing to pay the tax.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Where are the poll results for the FI straw poll?

An no I'd like someone else with a real plan, rather than a plan written on the back of a pizza box.

• Max50
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

FL like the rest of us are feed up with the press & polls telling us how it is going without a single vote being cased. If Herman does win the primaries the libes can't use the race card.

• 8 years ago

The more conservative members of the Republican party (Tea Party) have rejected Rick Perry based on his stand on immigration and his terrible debate performances. His support has largely gone to Herman Cain.

• Chuck
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I like the idea of a flat income tax. I don't like the idea of a national sales tax.

• Kevin
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

I'd like to see how his plan for taxes could be worked out in practical terms...

but overall I like it :)

I've also shifted from perry to cain

(hat tip to Joe In Texas)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.