King Cold asked in SportsBaseball · 8 years ago

Giants fans:What do you want the team to change this offseason?

What should they do? I say 1. Fire Muelens. 2. Resign Beltran, let go Torres and Ross. 3. Try to sign Jose Reyes, or at least another good shortstop. 4. Shop Jonathon Sanchez around, try to get a good first baseman for him. 5. Sign someone like Juan Pierre who can make an impact with his speed. We havent had a legit basestealer since Dave Roberts. Any thoughs? Please keep it at least somewhat realistic, dont say we should get Reyes, Pujols, Papelbon, CC Sabathia and trade for Braun. Thats just sillllly

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Definately resign beltran and sign fielder. Realease Zito and Keppinger. trade J.Sanchez and M.Derosa. Darren ford is a minor league player for the giants thats the fastest on the team next to E.Burriss and maybe start D.Ford in CF. Bench A.Torres, B.Belt, A.Huff, N.Schierholtz and B.Crawford. And start Ross in LF, Posey at C, panda at 3B, F.Sanchez at 2B, Fielder at 1B, Beltran in RF, D.Ford in CF, and J.Reyes at SS

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Beltran is a mutt and probably cost them a chance at repeating. Reyes is fragile and is having a career year in a contract year, which history tells us means he will suck from this point on (ala Beltran). Pierre is old and his skills are declining.

The Giants should open their wallets and make a play for Pujols or Fielder, then add a decent outfielder to the mix by trading a pitcher. They also need to add a second baseman and find a decent backup at catcher.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

most of that sounds ok except for getting a 1st baseman being that they a,ready have 3. and the fact they still rowand 25 million and zito(who i assume will be realesed) will be owed 36 mil over the next 2 years, i dont see how they can afford to resign beltran and go after reyes. i read an article that beltran will only resign if the giants got a "jose reyes like player," so i dont see beltran coming back. i say shop sanchez for a speedy centerfielder. i think it will be cool if they traded for brett gardner.

• 8 years ago

They might be best served by trying to extend Lincecum past 2013, because if he has many more games where he gets no support, he, and Cain, will probably walk in 2014. By that time the Mets will be ready to rock and roll, and will have money for them.

...and, why the hell do you want Beltran and Reyes, they're always hurt, look at Reyes' legs now, and he's afraid to steal because he wants to take someones money, why would you want another player like that? Between them, there will be 120 games on the DL next year.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

You go out and sign either Pujols or Fielder they are your first baseman, Zito gone you already spent that money not like your losing it. Freddie Sanchez is your speed you have pitching . Pierre isn't even a replacement player Jose out of your price range . Deal a front line pitcher even if it a big name one for a quality player with great potential . Believe the theory the snake only rises every 10 years and go out win the West in 2012.

• 8 years ago

1) Resign Carlos Beltran

2) Shop J.Sanchez and get another bat for him

3) Keep Cody Ross and Torres. What they dont give us in the batters box they make up for it in the clubhouse.

4) With Buster, Freddy and everyone else back and healthy there is no reason why we cant win the NL again.

*** It would never happen, but with Prince Fielder thinking of leaving MIL........ well, that would be sweet.

Thanks for a great question

Source(s): Die hard Giants fan
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

We need to get chuck norris he can PACK A PUNCH but really we need to keep Sanchez and shop huff around maybe someone will want him we should try to resign affedlt and lopez and we cant go around signing mega contracts we need to get a center fielder and a ss and that's about it and we are not and probably should not resign beltran

• 8 years ago

Let go of torres.zito and sanchez.resign beltran and get some more power hitters.isay keep muelens because he helped them win a world series title this just wasn't our year

• 8 years ago

Get Zito off the books for starters and get Fielder.

• 8 years ago

you should sign Pujous and fielder move pujous to third

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.