If women want equal rights, why can't men hit women?

Not trying to sound sexist but... I think it's kinda hypocritical...

Women are like "TREAT US EQUAL OMG!" but then are like "Hey, you can't hit me, you're MAN!" because men are like stronger and what not...

I'm not saying domestic violence or ANY kind of violence is okay. I'm not advocating it. But, shouldn't men be able to knock a ***** out if she's asking for it? Similar to how he'd hit a guy?

I AM a girl by the way.

NONONONONO. Wow you all misunderstood. I'm not talking "legal." I know it's not legal to assault people lol.

I'm saying like it's more... frowned upon for men to hit women. And that shouldn't be the case.

I should have specified.

• Jack
    Favorite Answer

Well, what you are neglecting is the fact that social and cultural misandry and endemic in the Western world...hence, even in the days where women had no rights to vote, own property or so on, men were still expected to give women a pass on incidents of physical violence, whilst if a woman was accused of, say, murdering her husband, even in years past a jury was often unwilling to punish her in the same way that they would punish a man.

Frankly, I'm inclined to agree with you: if society is willing to give women equal rights with men where women were previously disadvantaged, then it should be equally willing to reinvent itself to amend those cultural rules that disadvantage men.

If a fourteen year old kid comes swinging at a full-grown man, do you think it's appropriate the respond with a full-strength reaction? Yes, I think that self-defense is self-defense, and everyone should have the right to it no matter who they are or who their attacker is. The trouble is drawing the line of appropriate force in situations like what you described. I mean, if a woman who stands at five nothing and doesn't work out takes a swing at you, she should be treated exactly like a man who stands at a flabby five foot. You have the right to defend yourself, but you always have to be careful to not be that ***hole who beat down someone obviously weaker than you.

Then why shouldn't women gang up on men and prevent them from getting their car fixed at the same cost, or prevent them from getting a job, or a loan, or walk down the street safely?

Why if we can be equal can't I call you a cvnt, a ho, or a b*tch?

Hope I specified it enough

You must be confused. It's both illegal for men to hit women and women to hit men.

I like to think of it this way:

My father served jury duty not to long ago. The raw basics of the case were:

-Guy and girl are dating

-They break up

-For revenge, girl lets herself into his house and starts breaking his most expensive items (televisions, computers, etc.), and she won't stop after multiple verbal warnings

-Guy hits girl to subdue her and removes her from the property.

That, right there, is legal. She was trespassing, as well as destroying his property, and he had every right under the law to subdue her and remove her from his home. Yet every single woman on that jury was in favor of convicting him for assault.

I honestly don't know how the female brain works. If there's anything women do want, it's not equality. They definitely don't want equality.

yes women should get equal rights and equal lefts

just as long as the man wins

Dont start what you cant finish, wanna run your mouth off....get popped

Yes.

Also, women must fight wars and protect the country.

When a boat sinks and we let "women and children first" to safety, then it will just be "children first" and the rest will be equals.

And would you really want to be hit by a man,if you were in that woman's place?Men shouldn't hit woman, because if he can hit,then so can she fight back.Some may want to sleep more comfortable,beside this person.( Man or woman )

Source(s): Personal opinion:

Equality and violence are two different subjects. Women want equal rights in the work industry. Now its common sence that men are stronger so if you want to get in a fist fight with a man to prove you are equal then be ready to lose. Somethings will never be equal due to nature. If a man hits a woman who isnt capable of defending herself because hes stronger then he shouldnt touch her at all because they are not equals physically.