Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetFacebook · 8 years ago

Is anyone else having issues with this stupid facebook ad pop up when trying to read a yahoo news article?

It's driving me nuts, I scroll down trying to read then got to stop and close out this *** facebook popup,that shows up right smack in the middle of the page. Happening ever since they did that upgrade last week. Using Google Chrome, have it set to not allow any pop ups, but the facebook one still gets through. It's yahoo isn't it???? Any suggestions please?

No, Kelly, you'd notice it lol. It takes up the whole middle of the page. It's not on facebook, it's on yahoo when trying to read a news article. Start scrolling down reading and it just pops up in the middle.

Azafarus, I'll have to look and see if I can get a link next time I see it. All it has is an X at the top right or click on one of buttons on it....just frustrating. Thanks guys :)

Thanks guys, glad I'm not the only one suffering, misery does love company :) Yeah, yahoo you suck for doing this...it's just plain WRONG!!! Guess I'll do as suggested and go with google. Already got the google+ set up, so bye bye facebook as well....one day companies will learn to quit doing stupid cr*p and listening to the people that have and keep them in business....end of rant! Thanks again all for your replies!!!

Favorite Answer

Yes, the ad pops up on news articles. Turn to Google.

• Stuart Grace7 months agoReport

It is ridiculously annoying. What are they thinking????

I'm having the same problem. I have Adblock Plus 1.3.9, but it doesn't stop the popup, just grays out the text in the popup, and the screen is still taken over by the popup. I've heard noscript will block it, but that has other costs. It would be great if ADP would catch it, or better, someone at yahoo/facebook would realize how intrusive this is.

I thought of just agreeing to the facebook ad terms, but I don't want what it offers.

I would simply stop using my.yahoo and go to another newsreader, but my email is through yahoo and I like it on one page. That will have to change soon.

So, at present it is a regular annoyance that serves no constructive purpose. It's ironic that yahoo mail blocks spam, and then yahoo.com spams you right back, in a worse way.

It is definitely yahoo. I have firefox and it does the same thing, as I'm reading an article, just pops the ad up right in the middle. Soooooo annoying. I'm guessing some people probably don't have it because maybe they're not logged in to a facebook account under that same browser? Or something along those lines? But yea, Ms. FedUp, you're not the only one having the issue.

No answer, but I have the same problem. Just wanted to chime in that this is pretty dumb of Yahoo to do--add on a pop up in their own articles. I'll pose another question: anyone know of another good home page besides Yahoo?

Same problem with Yahoo and the very annoying Facebook popup. I too am searching for another home page.

Unbelievably annoying. I too am considering a new home page. I can't deal with these popups on every freaking article I read.

not just face book, several social media ads that can't be turned off.

cannot finish reading an article.

I haven't been experiencing that (or maybe I just haven't noticed) but alot of people have been having problems since they did the upgrades. You try to play a game and it won't load, can't log out etc.

Yahoo does not advertise facebook. It has its own Flickr for that. Use a different browser or an ad-block software. Block the link of that advertisment with your firewall.

I will dump both Facebook and Yahoo, if this does not stop. VERY ANNOYING!