Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Where They Right For Sending Me Home? (Please read detail before answering)?

Last night I was having contractions 5 minutes apart, my mother had to call the emergency room. When I arrived the put me on a monitor and they reported that I was having contractions. Unfortunately my doctor wasn't there so I had to see another doctor . My original doctor said that my baby was already positioned to come, but the doctor last night said he wasn't going to break my water and allow me to have it. As I got ready to go the nurse came in and checked my cervix. I felt her push my baby's head farther up and It hurt painfully. She then just snatched the Iv out of my arm. They sent me home WHILE I was still having contractions Is this right?

Update:

By the way I am about 3-4 Inches dilated.

Update 2:

The nurse also gave me an Ambien to take to go to sleep, I looked it up and it said it might cause birth defects. How do I go about handling this situation?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Checking your cervix isnt exactly comfy is it huh,iv had it,depends if your dilated at the right stage.if your dilated either 3-4 then they shouldnt send you home because your in labour.if your contractions get any worse put your foot down with the nurses and doctors and go into hospital and demand for your cervix to be checked.i had that problem,i was in and out of hospital for 8 bloody days

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

There is no way that is ok. Pushing the babys head back incan be dangerous and they should not have given you Ambien. You need to go to a different doctor/hospital asap and get checked out. I was only 2 cm dialated when I got to the hospital in labor and they broke my water and helped my labor slowly but safely progress until I was dialated enough to start pushing.

• 10 years ago

Nope. Malpractice.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

No, it doesn't sound right. Report that nurse immediately!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.