Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 8 years ago

Windows 7 Blue screen Help?

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 10e

BCP1: 0000000000000020

BCP2: FFFFF8A00DF661A0

BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: 0000000000000000

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 256_1

This is the information it gave me. A few weeks ago I kept getting a blue screen when I had Word 2010 64 bit open for too long, and this happened just a few minutes ago when I tried to run a game. Help?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I would recommend that you check for any updates for windows 7 and word.

However there is always the chance they are unrelated, in fact this is quite possible. Check for updates/patches for the game (what game was it?). If not:

1) Check for new drivers for graphics and sound card

2) Try running the game alone, removing any other processed, eg, Skype, Steam, Windows Live Messenger etc

3) Check the temperature of your CPU (download speed fan - google it)

a) if temp too high buy some heat-removal paste and apply to your CPU

b) if not proceed to step 4

4) Defragment your system. Will take anywhere between 1hr (for a system with lots of space) to a whole day if your system is full.

If not, copy&paste your Locale ID and BCP2 code into google along with the games name and search to see if anyone else had the problem, and if they found a solution.

Good luck.

Source(s): Personal Experience with computers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Warning and error messages of any kind serve a good purpose because you can't detect all potential issues. Messages that highlight a significant problem and go above and beyond to alert you are even better. That is the "blue screen" in Windows. When something is critically wrong with the your PC, your entire display turns blue. However, some issues like corrupt drivers or outdated software do not necessitate complete disablement of your PC. You can disable blue screens in Windows so that you can manage the problem--without "the blue screen of death."

Click on "Start" or the Windows orb logo on the taskbar at the bottom of the desktop to show the Start menu. Select "Run" from the menu to open a dialog box. Type "sysdm.cpl" in the blank field labeled "Open," then click the "OK" button to open the "System Properties" box.

Click on the "Advanced" tab to bring it to the front of the box.

Click on "Settings" in the "Startup and Recovery" section.

Click to clear the check mark from the box next to "Automatically restart" in the "System failure" section.

Click "Restart" from the Start menu power options to see if the "Blue Screen" no longer appears the next to you boot up your PC.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.