Did you ever try to become a professional singer in a band or?

did you ever want to be a muscian or singer or both,did you ever pursue a career in showbusiness, what inspired you, what is your favortie song to sing, that you feel the world is missing out on your talent? serious question not trying to make fun of anyone here, serious question what instrument would you play?

very interesting answers,i enjoyed the responses to this question,thank you very much really good answers,will have a tough time picking a best answer,

• Lynn
    Favorite Answer

When I was in highschool, I day dreamed about being a well known popular

singer. I got support from my music teacher in highschool, and I sang along later

with a combo that came to our city, and I sang over her in front of the stage. And

I sounded so much better to my friends, than the soloist did. I became a mom

too soon, and that put a damper on my trying for a career. My wearing glasses

made me all but extinguish the flame of passion I felt for singing professionally.

I used to harmonize with certain singers on the radio. And it enhanced the songs

to perfection, I thought. I didn't realize that I could have made it, wearing glasses

or not, I had the talent. But I'd become a smoker, and after awhile, that took its

toll on my vocal chords. I always thought, if I were ever reincarnated, if there is

such a thing, I would become a singer with a long career, and forego being a

mom and wife. For I've found the latter being very unrewarding, and more disa-

pointing as my children grew and left. Now they are both distant, and unloving,

and more self centered, for their own good. They never call, or email, and they

are not in my life, and I miss them.

1

Source(s): Teach Yourself to Sing http://sparkindl.info/SuperiorSingingCourse
  • Kai

Only in my mind. I really am not an exhibitionist and don't like being "on stage" for anything. But I have a great fantasy life where I'm this great guitar genius (eat your heart out Eric Clapton) who also writes unbelievably great music (not just rock, but classical (I wrote Beethoven's 9th, named it after that guy as a favor), salsa, zydeco, some other stuff too, just in my spare time), sings with a voice that has a 5 octave range (I guess that's good) that brings tears to other singers. Oh, and I have a creative stage presence too, can dance and sing and play the guitar all at the same time without missing a note, can go sliding across the stage on my knees, flip in a somersault, etc. I mean, in my mind, I am the ultimate star. But in real life, forget about it. I don't even want my cats watching me.

One of the most diverse muscles in our bodies is the tongue. This amazing tool not only helps you talk, but also helps you properly sing. When you sing, it is important that your tongue rest in specific areas as certain notes or scales are attempted. Learn here how to sing https://tr.im/qBWov

The tip of the tongue is the easiest to control, but is not what is used the most in singing. When you sing, the tip of your tongue should be lightly pressed against the back of the lower teeth. This will ensure that it doesn't get in the way, or hinder the middle, sides, or back of the tongue when attempting certain notes. The back of the tongue, probably one of the hardest areas to control, should be the section that is relaxed. Once you get used to keeping the tip of your tongue lightly pressed against the back of your teeth, this should be easier to do. You can even put the tip a little lower if you feel it's in the way or becomes irritated. So, the back of the tongue should be relaxed, yet ready for use. You should be able to control it a little bit at this point. As you practice singing a little more, try to notice what the back and middle section of your tongue are doing. On lower tones or notes, the tongue will lie flat. On higher tones, the contrary. When it comes to lower tones, the tongue doesn't have as much work to do because the lower sound that is emitted originates in the chest cavity and is formed through the throat. With higher tones, however, the higher the tone, the more 'active' this back section of the tongue must be. Now that the tongue has been covered in some detail, it should be noted that singing is difficult on the muscles and surrounding cavities and ligaments. However, difficult does not mean painful. If in hopes of reaching a certain tone or trying to hold a sound, you thereby cause stress to your neck or throat muscles, you are not going to last long. Controlling these muscles, as steadily as possible, and working them to a certain point each day, without strain, is one of the most important factors when it comes to practicing and learning how to sing. Remember, you should never feel pain nor strain.

For as long as I can remember,I've wanted to go to New York City and be a singer. I've sung with a band,been on television and sang at every opportunity. My ego is so large I like to say that my voice is my instrument. I'm currently living in an area populated by actual show business greats who are still active in their careers. My favorite songs to sing are from the musical comedy venue and if given half the chance,I'd belt out "Cabaret" to anyone within earshot. I started singing when I was 3 for the USO at the start of WW2 and still hold out hopes of fame.

I am 76 now, and took up playing the clarinet about eighteen months ago.

In my personal opinion, there is NO space in the music world for a first time player or singer who wants to make it big.

There is also no logic to this ambition, but I still have it! The opportunities to start in the music world are for young players, actors, and singers, and this should be only.

There are just not enough space in the music world as it is.

Source(s): Elderly player.

I was a pro guitarist for 32 years with more than one famous act. I retired from music in 2003.

I cant sing for toffee, I am not tone deaf it is just I really cant sing.

I'm in a band and I do screaming or Screamo. It attracts girls so.. lol xD