Kobo eReader Touch.. Opinions?

I started looking into the Kobo eReader Touch. I'm not sure if I want to get one or not. I think I'll miss holding an actual book. But, nevertheless, I'm curious as to know what people believe are the pros and cons of this product.

I've read reviews online and what not, but I thought I may as well post a question on here and read some more feedback from the YahooAnswers community.

Opinions please! :)

If you have feedback on other eReaders feel free to post about those as well.

Favorite Answer

I have the Nook.

I like it very much. I fought getting one until I thought out a few things. I have been a big reader for all of my life. I own so many books that the house would go up in a New York minute if it ever caught on fire. I like holding books as well. I love the feel, smell and look of them. But I cannot buy a bigger house to store them.

Here's what I like about an e-reader. I got a cover that opens like a book. The only difference is you read only from the right side. But you get used to that quickly. I take a bus to work. I take the Nook. If I'm not in the mood for the book I'm currently reading (I can read several at one time) I can pick another. I cannot carry 3 or 4 regular books with me. It is light enough to carry around. I've read some big books that I could not possible carry back and forth with me. Think Stephen King - Under the Dome. If I feel like getting a new book - I can have it downloaded in 30 seconds. Don't have to wait to make a run to the bookstore. Especially nice as I live where the winters can be icky and don't want to go out.

The Kobo - I don't know anything about. I know it's a Borders Book Store product and they have gone out of business so I really don't know how that is going to work.

The Kindle from Amazon - you can only order books from Amazon. The Nook from Barnes and Noble - you can only order books from Barnes and Noble. You can get books for either from other sites. But you can't get books from Amazon for the Nook or from Barnes and Noble for the Kindle. Which doesn't matter much as they both have the same books anyway.

I choose the Nook over the Kindle for several reasons. My son, the geeky one, thought it was a better buy. You can go into a Barnes and Noble and they will change the battery for you. The Kindle, I believe, you have to send it in and wait for it to come back. I just liked the idea that I could take it to any B&N store if I had questions or problems with it. I've had it for a year and have not had one bit of trouble with it. I'm not saying the Kindle isn't a good choice - just wasn't my choice.

I finally got the Nook because I realized that a book is all about the content. Not the format it comes in.