Should I buy this car? Is it a good deal? Help plz?

Okay I am buying my first car & I have a budget of 4500$ but I am buying it myself so I need something that will last me because I won't have any money to spend on another.

There is a 2005 Nissan altima, 120,000 miles. Has some dents and scratches but nothing major. It's a 4 cly, automatic & it's only 4500$ so it's perfect for me but here's the bad thing the guy who's selling it said there's nothing wrong with it but it eats oil And he has to put oil in it every 2 weeks. I don't know alot about cars & the guy is an 1 hr away from me so I don't want to drive all that way if it's not even worth looking at. So is the oil thing a big thing? Should I even look at it? And is it worth that much with it eating oil? Thx

Favorite Answer

Please don't buy this car if its eating oil then its pretty much had it. You should be able to get a decent car for that money. Look in your local paper for a car rather than travel all that way for a wreck. have a local garage look any car over before you buy it or AAA could do it for you to make sure its safe. The first car you buy is always difficult, don't feel you have to buy it take your time and you will get a good car. Good luck

ive got a 2003 chevy prizm and it eats oil worse then that. i was putting in oil about twice a week if not more. i had just bought it so i took it back to the dealer and asked them what they could do to help me out since i had put all my cash ($4000) into buying it. they sent me to their auto machenic an it turns out two out of my four piston rings were shot and the only real fix is to replace the engine. you can change the oil, replace the spark plugs, and add an additive to your oil to make it thicker so it doesnt burn it as fast to try and ease how much oil it takes. i wish i had looked more into this model of car before i bought it becasue it turns out heavy oil consumption was a common problem with this car. my advise: research the car, make model and year, to make sure there arent any other surprises you arent aware of.

Source(s): life

No please do not buy this car. Honestly its a peice of sh*t. You can get a much better deal on a different car. Ive learned that at that price range american made cars are cheaper to buy and are often newer with less miles that a foreign car like hondas and toyotas. Try looking for like a old cheap Ford Focus or something

• wrong section but if the car is burning oil like crazy i wouldn't buy it. that could be a costly repair.

Walk away, it's a clapped out hunk of junk.

the car section or whatever is that way ---------------------------->